Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT:Well I got troubles, Any water well experts?
Mark Henry
post Jun 30 2004, 04:06 PM
Post #1

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

My well has almost stopped producing, not good when you have kids.

My stupid wife (did I say that???) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) tried to fill a 1000-gallon kiddie pool with the garden hose. One shit load of sand and clay puked out before she went dry. I replaced the pump (the old one was noisy and about dead anyways) and now it will go dry if you flush the crapper several times. Can’t do the washing, only can have quick showers, if it’s yellow let it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down….. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Phoned the well guy (actually every one of them) to clean it and the earliest one will be here is 2 months!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Phoned this company called Well Tech.
Said that the sand screen is calcified and blocking the water. They pump CO2 into the well to de-calcify the screen. Sounds like snake oil to me, where did all the damn sand and clay come from if it’s calcified . Hell, I could pump it dry and dump 20 gallons of vinegar down it and get that result.
$3200.!!!! And no guaranty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Any thoughts?

Signed,
Up shit creek …literally.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mark Henry   OT:Well I got troubles   Jun 30 2004, 04:06 PM
Jake Raby   Is yours submersible or on top of the ground?? Wha...   Jun 30 2004, 04:11 PM
SLITS   CO2 (carbon dioxide) when bubbled through water, w...   Jun 30 2004, 04:21 PM
Mark Henry   Hey Jake 75' well, 20+ years old, new deep je...   Jun 30 2004, 04:24 PM
GWN7   Around here quite a lot of wells did the same as y...   Jun 30 2004, 04:40 PM
TimT   Happened to me at my house in Vermont.... I just d...   Jun 30 2004, 05:01 PM
Mark Henry   No problems with the neighbors, but their well is ...   Jun 30 2004, 05:36 PM
Mark Henry   Researched the calcified theory...they say a slowl...   Jun 30 2004, 05:47 PM
Bruce Allert  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:48 PM