Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OFFICIAL MUSR 12 THREAD, Eureka Springs, Ar October 13, 14, 15 & 16 2011
hot_shoe914
post Aug 4 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #1

on ramp passer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Woo Hoo!!! It is that time again for the MUSR to take place. This year we will be meeting in Eureka Springs, Ar located in the beautiful Ozark Mountains. There are some of the finest roads in America for your (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) pleasure and the scenery is guaranteed to be absolutely beautiful! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) So come on and shine that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/red914.jpg) and come join us for a weekend full of fun, food (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) , friends (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) and awesome roads.

http://www.914musr.com/musr/

Shoe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 5 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #2

on ramp passer

Date fixed. Sorry for any confusion.
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 6 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #3

on ramp passer

Thanks admins for highlighting this for me.

Okay folks, if you think you might be planning to attend this year please post here so I can get a general idea of how many to plan for. I know it is short notice but that was beyond my control and I am going to do the best I can with the time I have. Things are in the works and coming together nicely so far. Registration page should be completed soon as will the T-shirt design. There will be many awesome roads to drive and those should be posted once we finalize the schedule. Come join the fun!
+Quote Post
914four
post Aug 6 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,582
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 6 2011, 11:48 AM) *

Okay folks, if you think you might be planning to attend this year please post here so I can get a general idea of how many to plan for.

Donna and I look forward to seeing everyone again this year!

Kelvin
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 6 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #5

on ramp passer

QUOTE(914four @ Aug 6 2011, 05:42 PM) *

Okay folks, if you think you might be planning to attend this year please post here so I can get a general idea of how many to plan for.

Kelvin

Are you going to have your car back together for this one?
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Aug 6 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #6

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

I think the admins should make these event threads a "sticky" at the top of the fourm.
+Quote Post
914four
post Aug 6 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 6 2011, 08:19 PM) *

Kelvin

Unfortunately our car is still not completely finished with the body work and paint. I need to start a thread to show the progress but it is still on the rotisserie. The paint has been stripped, metal work, engine bay, five lug conversion, new sway bars and rear fender roll almost complete. We are very close to primer but this seems to be the slowest restoration or build thread ever.

I just like hanging out with you guys.

Kelvin
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Aug 6 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #8

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Unfortunately probably not able to come this year but will order a tshirt. Blew a valve out the motor on over reving (per the experts) and not financially able to build a good motor right now, and no time to do it my self until fall. I'm working double shifts probably all the rest of this year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Looking for a running 1.8 or 2.0 drivable motor cheap right now that can transplant to drive, while gathering the parts for a real rebuild later on. I don't want to spend over $1000 turnkey right now - motor, shipping, install parts, etc -, so it's find a motor time.

If something come along, it's possible I can be there.

+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 7 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #9

on ramp passer

QUOTE(914four @ Aug 6 2011, 10:30 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 6 2011, 08:19 PM) *

Kelvin

Unfortunately our car is still not completely finished with the body work and paint. I need to start a thread to show the progress but it is still on the rotisserie. The paint has been stripped, metal work, engine bay, five lug conversion, new sway bars and rear fender roll almost complete. We are very close to primer but this seems to be the slowest restoration or build thread ever.

I just like hanging out with you guys.

Kelvin

I'd loan you one to drive again but may not have one myself if I can't get the motor fixed and back into Christine again.
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 7 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #10

on ramp passer

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 6 2011, 11:19 PM) *

Unfortunately probably not able to come this year but will order a tshirt. Blew a valve out the motor on over reving (per the experts) and not financially able to build a good motor right now, and no time to do it my self until fall. I'm working double shifts probably all the rest of this year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Looking for a running 1.8 or 2.0 drivable motor cheap right now that can transplant to drive, while gathering the parts for a real rebuild later on. I don't want to spend over $1000 turnkey right now - motor, shipping, install parts, etc -, so it's find a motor time.

Maybe one of us should borrow Kelvin's motor, he isn't using it anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
914four
post Aug 7 2011, 09:15 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 7 2011, 02:06 AM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 6 2011, 11:19 PM) *

Maybe one of us should borrow Kelvin's motor, he isn't using it anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Bandjoey, I have a 1.8L available for you for $1,000.00 if you come to Birmingham and pull it. The 2.0L is in Rainbow City, AL and some assembly is required but we might be able to make it work for Christine.

Kelvin
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Aug 8 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 5,508

Augh, I love Eureka. Don't think there's any way on God's Green Earth I could have Lou ready by October tho. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Would anyone care if I showed up in the wife's '72 convertible bug? (Obviously I wouldn't be taking part in the 'spirited driving' portion of the program.) Or maybe just bring the wagon and be the 'support vehicle'...
+Quote Post
rnellums
post Aug 8 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #13

Professional Enthusiast

Member No.: 11,072
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I would love to come if I can get the car together and the time off work.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Aug 8 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #14

Anyone have a 'spare' they need a driver for? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
MBowman325
post Aug 8 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 4,413

Hmmm.... Perhaps I'll be able to make one finally....
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 8 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #16

on ramp passer

I know there are a lot of teeners in the Oklahoma area. This is a great opportunity to meet a lot of your fellow addicts and enjoy some good roads. I hope you all can make it out, with or without a teener.
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Aug 9 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #17

Pre-sticky bump
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 13 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #18

on ramp passer

Okay people, I know you all are busy and have a million things to do but could really be helpful if you would throw your name on here if you even THINK you might be coming. I need to try and get an estimated head count so I know how many rooms and how much food to plan for. Thanks and hope to see you all there.

Shoe
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Aug 14 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 13 2011, 08:25 PM) *

Okay people, I know you all are busy and have a million things to do but could really be helpful if you would throw your name on here if you even THINK you might be coming. I need to try and get an estimated head count so I know how many rooms and how much food to plan for.
Well, I could use a date, or barring that, a range of dates. That'll go a long way toward telling if I have a snowball's chance or no. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
rnellums
post Aug 14 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #20

Professional Enthusiast

Member No.: 11,072
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(kerensky @ Aug 14 2011, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 13 2011, 08:25 PM) *

Okay people, I know you all are busy and have a million things to do but could really be helpful if you would throw your name on here if you even THINK you might be coming. I need to try and get an estimated head count so I know how many rooms and how much food to plan for.
Well, I could use a date, or barring that, a range of dates. That'll go a long way toward telling if I have a snowball's chance or no. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thread Title?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

15 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 09:27 AM