Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFFICIAL MUSR 12 THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
hot_shoe914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Woo Hoo!!! It is that time again for the MUSR to take place. This year we will be meeting in Eureka Springs, Ar located in the beautiful Ozark Mountains. There are some of the finest roads in America for your driving.gif pleasure and the scenery is guaranteed to be absolutely beautiful! aktion035.gif So come on and shine that red914.jpg and come join us for a weekend full of fun, food chowtime.gif , friends drunk.gif beerchug.gif and awesome roads.

http://www.914musr.com/musr/

Shoe
hot_shoe914
Date fixed. Sorry for any confusion.
hot_shoe914
Thanks admins for highlighting this for me.

Okay folks, if you think you might be planning to attend this year please post here so I can get a general idea of how many to plan for. I know it is short notice but that was beyond my control and I am going to do the best I can with the time I have. Things are in the works and coming together nicely so far. Registration page should be completed soon as will the T-shirt design. There will be many awesome roads to drive and those should be posted once we finalize the schedule. Come join the fun!
914four
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 6 2011, 11:48 AM) *

Okay folks, if you think you might be planning to attend this year please post here so I can get a general idea of how many to plan for.

Donna and I look forward to seeing everyone again this year!

Kelvin
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914four @ Aug 6 2011, 05:42 PM) *

Okay folks, if you think you might be planning to attend this year please post here so I can get a general idea of how many to plan for.

Kelvin

Are you going to have your car back together for this one?
Mike Bellis
I think the admins should make these event threads a "sticky" at the top of the fourm.
914four
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 6 2011, 08:19 PM) *

Kelvin

Unfortunately our car is still not completely finished with the body work and paint. I need to start a thread to show the progress but it is still on the rotisserie. The paint has been stripped, metal work, engine bay, five lug conversion, new sway bars and rear fender roll almost complete. We are very close to primer but this seems to be the slowest restoration or build thread ever.

I just like hanging out with you guys.

Kelvin
bandjoey
Unfortunately probably not able to come this year but will order a tshirt. Blew a valve out the motor on over reving (per the experts) and not financially able to build a good motor right now, and no time to do it my self until fall. I'm working double shifts probably all the rest of this year. wacko.gif

Looking for a running 1.8 or 2.0 drivable motor cheap right now that can transplant to drive, while gathering the parts for a real rebuild later on. I don't want to spend over $1000 turnkey right now - motor, shipping, install parts, etc -, so it's find a motor time.

If something come along, it's possible I can be there.

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914four @ Aug 6 2011, 10:30 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 6 2011, 08:19 PM) *

Kelvin

Unfortunately our car is still not completely finished with the body work and paint. I need to start a thread to show the progress but it is still on the rotisserie. The paint has been stripped, metal work, engine bay, five lug conversion, new sway bars and rear fender roll almost complete. We are very close to primer but this seems to be the slowest restoration or build thread ever.

I just like hanging out with you guys.

Kelvin

I'd loan you one to drive again but may not have one myself if I can't get the motor fixed and back into Christine again.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 6 2011, 11:19 PM) *

Unfortunately probably not able to come this year but will order a tshirt. Blew a valve out the motor on over reving (per the experts) and not financially able to build a good motor right now, and no time to do it my self until fall. I'm working double shifts probably all the rest of this year. wacko.gif

Looking for a running 1.8 or 2.0 drivable motor cheap right now that can transplant to drive, while gathering the parts for a real rebuild later on. I don't want to spend over $1000 turnkey right now - motor, shipping, install parts, etc -, so it's find a motor time.

Maybe one of us should borrow Kelvin's motor, he isn't using it anyway. confused24.gif poke.gif
914four
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 7 2011, 02:06 AM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 6 2011, 11:19 PM) *

Maybe one of us should borrow Kelvin's motor, he isn't using it anyway. confused24.gif poke.gif

Bandjoey, I have a 1.8L available for you for $1,000.00 if you come to Birmingham and pull it. The 2.0L is in Rainbow City, AL and some assembly is required but we might be able to make it work for Christine.

Kelvin
kerensky
Augh, I love Eureka. Don't think there's any way on God's Green Earth I could have Lou ready by October tho. sad.gif Would anyone care if I showed up in the wife's '72 convertible bug? (Obviously I wouldn't be taking part in the 'spirited driving' portion of the program.) Or maybe just bring the wagon and be the 'support vehicle'...
rnellums
I would love to come if I can get the car together and the time off work.
kerensky
Anyone have a 'spare' they need a driver for? biggrin.gif
MBowman325
Hmmm.... Perhaps I'll be able to make one finally....
hot_shoe914
I know there are a lot of teeners in the Oklahoma area. This is a great opportunity to meet a lot of your fellow addicts and enjoy some good roads. I hope you all can make it out, with or without a teener.
kerensky
Pre-sticky bump
hot_shoe914
Okay people, I know you all are busy and have a million things to do but could really be helpful if you would throw your name on here if you even THINK you might be coming. I need to try and get an estimated head count so I know how many rooms and how much food to plan for. Thanks and hope to see you all there.

Shoe
kerensky
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 13 2011, 08:25 PM) *

Okay people, I know you all are busy and have a million things to do but could really be helpful if you would throw your name on here if you even THINK you might be coming. I need to try and get an estimated head count so I know how many rooms and how much food to plan for.
Well, I could use a date, or barring that, a range of dates. That'll go a long way toward telling if I have a snowball's chance or no. wink.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(kerensky @ Aug 14 2011, 08:02 PM) *

Okay people, I know you all are busy and have a million things to do but could really be helpful if you would throw your name on here if you even THINK you might be coming. I need to try and get an estimated head count so I know how many rooms and how much food to plan for.
Well, I could use a date, or barring that, a range of dates. That'll go a long way toward telling if I have a snowball's chance or no. wink.gif

Thread Title?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(kerensky @ Aug 14 2011, 10:02 PM) *

October 13, 14, 15 & 16 2011
MBowman325
Very Tenative:

Michael Bowman - 2 people
bandjoey
Also very tentative. 6 months on a new job and no vacation time, plus working on getting a drivable car. . . won't know for sure for 30 days.
jcb29
Hopefully Scooters head work and reassembly should be done by then. I'm planning on being there if the creek don't rise. smile.gif biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
Hotels pretty much nailed down. T-shirt designs almost finalized. Resturants chosen, routes decided on. PCA sponsorship accuired. This is beginning to come together nicely. Hope to have everything posted in another 2 or 3 days. Come join the fun. MUSR12 October 13th, 14th, 15 & 16th. Eureka Springs, Ar nestled in the beautiful Ozark mountains. smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
Won't make this one. dry.gif I would love to check out that part of the country!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 15 2011, 10:20 PM) *

Won't make this one. dry.gif I would love to check out that part of the country!

hissyfit.gif You didn't make it last year either. Miss 3 years in a row and I just might revoke your invitation. poke.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 15 2011, 10:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 15 2011, 10:20 PM) *

hissyfit.gif You didn't make it last year either. Miss 3 years in a row and I just might revoke your invitation. poke.gif

Sorry man, I will have just returned from RRC. I made WCR this year. That's about 10,000 miles in a 914 in about two weeks time over the course of two events. $ 4.00 a gallon (91 octane), and about 18 mpg if I'm lucky... That's over $ 2,500.00 in fuel alone. I just can't pull off another huge road trip this year. confused24.gif You will just have to post lots of photos for us guys.
hot_shoe914
Okay folks, the planning commitee is working very hard towards the goal of having registration open this Friday. Has been a little tougher getting things ready on such short notice but there is an awesome group of people doing their best to ensure all attendees have a great time. Make your plans now to attend MUSR 12 this October 13, 14, 15 and 16. The roads and scenery will be unforgetable and the friends you will meet and make will last a life time. DON'T MISS OUT!

Please continue to post here if you even think you might attend so we can get some idea of how many to plan for.

Thanks,
Shoe
BIGKAT_83
Count me in... Working on getting the car ready now.

Bob
kerensky
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 14 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Hrm, middle daughter's birthday is on the 15th. That makes things ... problematic. sad.gif hissyfit.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(kerensky @ Aug 17 2011, 01:15 PM) *

Hrm, middle daughter's birthday is on the 15th. That makes things ... problematic. sad.gif hissyfit.gif

Tell her that as a special birthday surprise you are taking her to an exotic locale!!
kerensky
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 17 2011, 01:46 PM) *

Tell her that as a special birthday surprise you are taking her to an exotic locale!!
And have her miss two days of school? I think I'd be shot for even suggesting that.

Hmm, does anyone ever show up for just Saturday and Sunday?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(kerensky @ Aug 17 2011, 11:18 PM) *

QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 17 2011, 01:46 PM) *

And have her miss two days of school? I think I'd be shot for even suggesting that.

Hmm, does anyone ever show up for just Saturday and Sunday?

School is overrated sometimes anyway. She is probably already smarter than the teacher. Bring her over after school Friday.
hot_shoe914
Registration should be open tomorrow. Please post here if you think you might attend so I can have a guesstimated head count to try and plan with.
poorsche914
The OFFICIAL MUSR12 Web Site is now up and running beerchug.gif

You will find an itinerary (subject to change) as well as registration information.
I have also posted links to PDF maps of the routes we will be running on Friday and Saturday.
Going to be a GREAT time driving.gif cheer.gif driving-girl.gif cheer.gif driving.gif cheer.gif driving-girl.gif

If you have any problems or find errors on the web site, please let me know here or in a PM.

Thanks,
steve

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 19 2011, 10:34 PM) *

The OFFICIAL MUSR12 Web Site is now up and running beerchug.gif

You will find an itinerary (subject to change) as well as registration information.
I have also posted links to PDF maps of the routes we will be running on Friday and Saturday.
Going to be a GREAT time driving.gif cheer.gif driving-girl.gif cheer.gif driving.gif cheer.gif driving-girl.gif

If you have any problems or find errors on the web site, please let me know here or in a PM.

Thanks,
steve

driving.gif

Way to go Steve... first.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Okay folks, let's get those registrations rolling in!! poke.gif poke.gif
914coop
My son agd I are going to try and make this if we can get the car done. Wlll have a better idea by mid September.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(914coop @ Aug 20 2011, 02:21 PM) *

My son agd I are going to try and make this if we can get the car done. Wlll have a better idea by mid September.

That's awesome. Good luck with the car. I hope to have mine running again by then also.
hot_shoe914
A link to the website and registration has been added to the first post.
poorsche914
Here is a flyer to print and post in your local area to let people know about this event.
Click for a print resolution PDF (2.1mb)

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
NICE........
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Aug 21 2011, 10:00 PM) *

NICE........

agree.gif first.gif
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Aug 21 2011, 10:00 PM) *

NICE........

Also...Thanks John for blasting the email out to the PCA!!
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Back to the top before Andy pulls the plug... shades.gif

MUSR12
^Link to website for registration, maps, events and more...
BigDBass
If you haven't begun making plans to attend this event, you are wrong.
rnellums
Registered and paid. Does anyone want to split a room down there? College grad student low on dough.
hot_shoe914
Registrations are beginning to trickle in. Don't put it off any longer, make plans to attend now!

Shoe

1. Robert Nellums - rnellums

2. Kelvin Knight - 914four

4. Donna Knight

5. Bob McCool - biker bob

6. Ann McCool

7. Donald Russell - hot_shoe914

8. John Bland - jcb29

9. Bonnie Bland

10. Travis Howard - Thoward914

11. Robyn Howard - Red86944

12. Jt Snapp - jt914-6
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 24 2011, 03:18 PM) *

Registered and paid. Does anyone want to split a room down there? College grad student low on dough.

Don't worry, we'll find you a roommate. drunk.gif
hot_shoe914
...and the list continues to grow. piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.