Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFFICIAL MUSR 12 THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
hot_shoe914
Shirts have been ordered. I hope everybody who wanted one got there order in. Might be a couple of extras but that is all. You can still register to attend the event though for a few more days.
bandjoey
Ordered and paid XL long sleve by mail
BigDBass
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 29 2010, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 29 2010, 03:26 PM) *

I've noticed that each time Ken lights up a Camel, the camera goes foggy. A sign from the beyond? smoke.gif

If we bring our own radio, what walkie talkie let's talk channel (s) do we need on the radio ? Are they universal?

Most are universal. I have Cobras and motorola. I am glad you mentioned this Bill. If anyone wants to bring radios, walkie talkies, if makes it easier to keep everyone informed and nobody gets lost when they get hung at a redlight, even though I didn't see any redlights out there.

Breaker 1 4..

I'm guessing it'll be like last year, 2-way radios may or may not be useful due to line of sight and such, but if you got 'em, bring 'em. FRS/GMRS 2-way radios made by Motorola, Cobra, Midland, etc.

Probably the main advantage of having one is gaining the ability to hear Ken swearing and cursing upon breakdowns and/or getting lost.. poke.gif
jt914-6
Ken may just have to keep the Golden Shaft award..... poke.gif first.gif beerchug.gif
rnellums
I start my road trip a week from today!
I'm not Leading anybody anywhere this year!!! LOL

I know how you Arkies like to Lead sooo Biker Bob and/or Ron I'm sure will know the way???
girellr
Wish I could be there - be at my daughters wedding. Drove my 75 to work (never do - only weekends) in honor of all the 914s on the road. It is still a hoot for folks to asssssk - what is that - or I have not seen one of those (what is that) in years. Drive safe - see you next year

Rick and Terrie
95 2.0 diamond silver and runs like new

teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeerrrrrrrsssssssssssss
pcar916
Well... I just broke off a couple of pinion teeth Sunday. But the transaxle's out and I'll have it back together pretty quick. Into the spares I go!!!
ConeDodger
It seems one of the sponsors 'donated' something to the MUSR event and then charged the organizer for the shipping. I just think that's wrong. dry.gif So, I sent an extra mug to be either given away at the event or given to the organizer who got ripped off by the sponsor. Have a great time you guys and thanks for all your hard work organizing this! biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 6 2011, 07:13 PM) *

It seems one of the sponsors 'donated' something to the MUSR event and then charged the organizer for the shipping. I just think that's wrong. dry.gif So, I sent an extra mug to be either given away at the event or given to the organizer who got ripped off by the sponsor. Have a great time you guys and thanks for all your hard work organizing this! biggrin.gif

aktion035.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 6 2011, 07:13 PM) *

drunk.gif lol-2.gif
Thanks Rob.
I'm thinking that that organizer might give the extra mug to said organizer's wife in appreciation of her permission support for the event!
jcb29
After Scooter's rebuild this summer we put the engine/trans package back in. Worked for awhile tuning her up on the lift. Shut her down and looked under the car for leaks. headbang.gif Damed if we didn't have a leak at the flywheel. Pulled the package, replaced the seal and the o-ring, put it back in, warmed it up headbang.gif headbang.gif Damed oil leak is still there. Ordered a new flywheel. Will install this weekend along with new seal & o-ring. If the stars are aligned all will go well and I'll still have a few days to bed the brakes & get it alligned before Eureak Springs piratenanner.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jcb29 @ Oct 6 2011, 08:35 PM) *

After Scooter's rebuild this summer we put the engine/trans package back in. Worked for awhile tuning her up on the lift. Shut her down and looked under the car for leaks. headbang.gif Damed if we didn't have a leak at the flywheel. Pulled the package, replaced the seal and the o-ring, put it back in, warmed it up headbang.gif headbang.gif Damed oil leak is still there. Ordered a new flywheel. Will install this weekend along with new seal & o-ring. If the stars are aligned all will go well and I'll still have a few days to bed the brakes & get it alligned before Eureak Springs piratenanner.gif

Git 'er done! welder.gif
Jesse
Is this a good enough reason for not coming this year?
Born Oct 3, 5lb 13oz 19.5in

IPB Image
rnellums
Cute! I was 9 lb 15 oz.
hot_shoe914
Hell NO!!! But looks like a darn good reason to show up to me! poke.gif
kerensky
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Sep 21 2011, 08:08 AM) *

There will be at least two more T-town cars too. I'm buging them daily to get in there registrations. Where are the rest of you Okies? Am I gonna have to go to OKC and fix all your cars?
Get over here, then! wink.gif Heh, mine wasn't gonna be ready, even if I had a bottomless checkbook. Just too much 'need' and not enough 'supply'. sad.gif Hopefully next year I'll be dug outta this money hole and actually be able to do fun stuff like this.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(kerensky @ Oct 7 2011, 12:28 AM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Sep 21 2011, 08:08 AM) *

There will be at least two more T-town cars too. I'm buging them daily to get in there registrations. Where are the rest of you Okies? Am I gonna have to go to OKC and fix all your cars?
Get over here, then! wink.gif Heh, mine wasn't gonna be ready, even if I had a bottomless checkbook. Just too much 'need' and not enough 'supply'. sad.gif Hopefully next year I'll be dug outta this money hole and actually be able to do fun stuff like this.

Your car doesn't have to be running for you to attend. poke.gif
Kansas 914
I hope this weather forecast holds true for Eureka Springs!

Click to view attachment
BigDBass
aktion035.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 7 2011, 06:48 AM) *

Looks like my 914 will be running but no way would I trust it to go 12hrs there and 12hrs back so... talked to my son and he has agreed to swap cars with me for a few days.

Anyone need a roommate? rolleyes.gif

steve
driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 7 2011, 05:47 PM) *

Looks like my 914 will be running but no way would I trust it to go 12hrs there and 12hrs back so... talked to my son and he has agreed to swap cars with me for a few days.

steve
driving.gif

Steve, one of the folks coming with me is in a double room by himself. I'd bet he'd be willing to have a roomy.
poorsche914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 7 2011, 07:00 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 7 2011, 05:47 PM) *

steve
driving.gif

Steve, one of the folks coming with me is in a double room by himself. I'd bet he'd be willing to have a roomy.

Great! I will PM you my info and you can have him contact me.

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
1. Robert Nellums - rnellums - t-shirt XL

2. Kelvin Knight - 914four- t-shirt XL

3. Ron Mott - pcar916

4. Donna Knight - t-shirt XXL

5. Bob McCool - biker bob - t-shirt XL

6. Ann McCool - T-shirt M

7. Donald Russell - hot_shoe914 - t-shirt XXXL

8. John Bland - jcb29 - t-shirt L

9. Bonnie Bland - t-shirt S

10. Travis Howard - Thoward914 - t-shirt L

11. Robyn Howard - Red86944 - t-shirt XL 1 medium t-shirt for Cathy

12. Jt Snapp - jt914-6 - t-shirt L

13. Ken Park - 7275914911 - t-shirt L

14. Brittney Russell - 914shutterbugB - t-shirt XL

15. Dan Lichter - BigDBass - t-shirt XL long sleeve

16. James Locascio - t-shirt XL long sleeve ????????????

17. Curt Curtis - VSG914

18. Angela Eddy

19. Mike Moorman - Kansas 914 - t-shirt XL long sleeve

20. Brad Mayeur - 914ltd -t-shirt L

21. Paula Mayeur t-shirt L

22. Avery Murphy - grngoat - t-shirt XL

23. Gerard Aigret - t-shirt XL ??????

24. Jennifer Marshall - t-shirt M

25. Kevin Robinson

26. Is this going to be you Steve???? poke.gif
poorsche914
Yes, looks like I will be #26 piratenanner.gif
Will send in registration to make it official.

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 7 2011, 07:16 PM) *

driving.gif

You know if you want to split the drive in half you are welcome to crash at my house Wednesday night. Also, I will be driving my truck and taking Christine on the tow dolly but can drive her and tow yours if needed. Just let me know.
poorsche914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 7 2011, 08:42 PM) *

driving.gif
You know if you want to split the drive in half you are welcome to crash at my house Wednesday night. Also, I will be driving my truck and taking Christine on the tow dolly but can drive her and tow yours if needed. Just let me know.

Hmm, let me see just how well my car is running this week. A drive to Memphis might be workable.

Did you get Christine running? Haven't seen any updates.

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 7 2011, 07:53 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 7 2011, 08:42 PM) *

driving.gif

Hmm, let me see just how well my car is running this week. A drive to Memphis might be workable.

Did you get Christine running? Haven't seen any updates.

driving.gif

Don,

Click to view attachment
A&PGirl
Preview: New Kits

Click to view attachment

BajaXJ92
I really wanna go, but I could never get away from work that long....

sad2.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Oct 8 2011, 06:08 AM) *

I really wanna go, but I could never get away from work that long....

sad2.gif

Oh come on, you can do it. Stop by Richmond and get Scotty, he will help you drive.
rnellums
Is classy dress wear required for any of the dinners?
-Ross
TheCabinetmaker
Traditionally yes. Theres nothing official, but most of the ladies do get decked out. Men, not so much.

Edit: for the awards banquet.
rnellums
Tuxedo, check.
TheCabinetmaker
You'll probably be the only one. LOL
Tuxedo T-Shirt is more like it...
Kansas 914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 8 2011, 10:21 AM) *

lol-2.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 8 2011, 10:21 AM) *

agree.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Ha ha. where do we get some? We can all wear them.
hot_shoe914
1. *Robert Nellums - rnellums - t-shirt XL

2. Kelvin Knight - 914four- t-shirt XL

3. *Ron Mott - pcar916

4. Donna Knight - t-shirt XXL

5. *Bob McCool - biker bob - t-shirt XL

6. Ann McCool - T-shirt M

7. *Donald Russell - hot_shoe914 - t-shirt XXXL

8. *John Bland - jcb29 - t-shirt L

9. Bonnie Bland - t-shirt S

10. *Travis Howard - Thoward914 - t-shirt L

11. Robyn Howard - Red86944 - t-shirt XL 1 medium t-shirt for Cathy

12. Jt Snapp - jt914-6 - t-shirt L

13. *Ken Park - 7275914911 - t-shirt L

14. Brittney Russell - 914shutterbugB - t-shirt XL

15. *Dan Lichter - BigDBass - t-shirt XL long sleeve

16. James Locascio - t-shirt XL long sleeve ????????????

17. *Curt Curtis - VSG914

18. Angela Eddy

19. *Mike Moorman - Kansas 914 - t-shirt XL long sleeve

20. *Brad Mayeur - 914ltd -t-shirt L

21. Paula Mayeur t-shirt L

22. *Avery Murphy - grngoat - t-shirt XL

23. Gerard Aigret - t-shirt XL ??????

24. Jennifer Marshall - t-shirt M

25. Kevin Robinson

26. Steven Schleif

27. *Ricard Requena

28. Josep Requena

29. Your guess is as good as any. confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
How many of those folks are driving 914's? Can you put a star or something beside the drivers name?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 9 2011, 08:09 AM) *

How many of those folks are driving 914's? Can you put a star or something beside the drivers name?

I will stick a star by the ones I know for sure for now. I will get the rest of them tonight when I have time to go back through registrations.
A&PGirl
MUSR 12 gets a special hardware kit assembled. biggrin.gif

You get:
1969-1972 door hardware + door hinge bolts + new unmolested chrome window cranks drooley.gif + buffers

I will have about 4-5 kits in Replica and 4-5 in Stainless kits of this combo.
You lucky dogs. shades.gif
It will be around $150 per kit

About half of all the door hardware from Porsche is NLA and the cranks are NLA. I'll take cash, cash, and cash ...and definitely not your kids. laugh.gif

I will also have that kit plain jane with just the hardware in Replica and Stainless. About 5-6 kits each.
Late 73-76 will come in one flavor only with the option of Replica or Stainless topping.
Engine Dress Kits will be in Replica and Stainless.
Lock kits in Replica and Stainless around 5-10 kits each. (not a high priority in assembling)
Kansas 914
My route to MUSR - in case anyone is on the same path - but it is unlikely...

Thursday
9:00AM - Depart Andover, Kansas - backroad driving all the way
Noon - Arrive Miami, OK - lunch with some friends
1:30PM - Depart Miami, OK
3:30PM (or so) - Arrive Eureka Springs
BigDBass
Rough plan for couple of us:

Ross (heading from Lafayette IN) and I (heading from Chicago) are leaving Wed evening, meeting around Springfield, then layover just past St.Louis in Eureka Missouri. Finishing up Thursday AM to Eureka Springs.

Anyone else heading through St. Louis area?
pcar916
ring offset and pinion depth is all that's left! Then madly install and shakedown on the way to the MUSR! Ok, two 911's in between. One's easy, one's not. Life is good!
rnellums
Anyone have any parts that they need that I could bring with me to MUSR? (they have to fit inside one of the trunks...)
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 10 2011, 01:43 PM) *

Anyone have any parts that they need that I could bring with me to MUSR? (they have to fit inside one of the trunks...)

I need the rubber side cover for the rear of my transmission and a shift rod that doesn't have the cone screw hole stripped out.

Humm..

(2) 3mm Wheel Spacers??
rnellums
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 10 2011, 03:16 PM) *

I need the rubber side cover for the rear of my transmission and a shift rod that doesn't have the cone screw hole stripped out.

I have the shift rod, not so sure about the rubber bit, is it sideshift or tail?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.