Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFFICIAL MUSR 12 THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
rnellums
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 10 2011, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 10 2011, 01:43 PM) *

Anyone have any parts that they need that I could bring with me to MUSR? (they have to fit inside one of the trunks...)

Humm..

(2) 3mm Wheel Spacers??

Negative
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 10 2011, 02:16 PM) *

Anyone have any parts that they need that I could bring with me to MUSR? (they have to fit inside one of the trunks...)

I need the rubber side cover for the rear of my transmission and a shift rod that doesn't have the cone screw hole stripped out.

What rubber cover do you need? The one that covers the shift console?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 10 2011, 04:27 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 10 2011, 03:16 PM) *

I need the rubber side cover for the rear of my transmission and a shift rod that doesn't have the cone screw hole stripped out.

I have the shift rod, not so sure about the rubber bit, is it sideshift or tail?

SIDE SHIFT.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 10 2011, 04:43 PM) *

The one that goes on the side of the tranny that covers where the shift rod attaches.
jt914-6
ALL the covers I've seen are PLASTIC..... poke.gif shades.gif
rnellums
I have a plastic one, but it has been cut such that removal of the shift rod is not necessary for installation. It worked fine though.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 10 2011, 05:05 PM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 10 2011, 04:43 PM) *

The one that goes on the side of the tranny that covers

where the shift rod attaches.

I'll bring you one
RJMII
I need to send a box to the motel... someone call me or PM me the address. I gotta get it out first thing in morining UPS 3day... is it out in the boonies or is it closer to a large city?

BigDBass
QUOTE(RJMII @ Oct 10 2011, 05:56 PM) *

I need to send a box to the motel... someone call me or PM me the address. I gotta get it out first thing in morining UPS 3day... is it out in the boonies or is it closer to a large city?

Pm sent. I included the name of the guy there I spoke to about shipping. He asked that his name be included so he can sign for items and keep them sorted for us.
Will it be one box? I'd like to give him a heads up on package count total.
hot_shoe914
I DROVE CHRISTINE AROUND THE BLOCK TWICE!!!
She will be going to Eureka Springs for MUSR12.
jt914-6
It's more than "around two blocks" to Eureka from the big M.....better put some more miles on her.... driving.gif smash.gif beerchug.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 10 2011, 07:04 PM) *

I DROVE CHRISTINE AROUND THE BLOCK TWICE!!!
She will be going to Eureka Springs for MUSR12.

SWEET!!
poorsche914
Got mine running on all 4 cylinders piratenanner.gif
Went to fill up with gas and the front trunk won't open dry.gif
It's always something.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 10 2011, 08:03 PM) *

Got mine running on all 4 cylinders piratenanner.gif
Went to fill up with gas and the front trunk won't open dry.gif
It's always something.

Just have somebody push down on it while you push the cable. Might get lucky.
pcar916
Yeah Christine!!!!!
poorsche914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 10 2011, 09:43 PM) *
Just have somebody push down on it while you push the cable. Might get lucky.

I pulled the bumper, opened the trunk, took the latching mechanism off and cleaned/lubed it, put it all back together and back in business.
Of course, now it is raining so guess I'll wait til tomorrow to fill up.

driving.gif
AZ914
Man I really wish I was coming out for this. The flight and car rental were over my budget. Hope to meet you midwest guys one of these times. Have a great weekend!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Oct 10 2011, 09:43 PM) *

Man I really wish I was coming out for this. The flight and car rental were over my budget. Hope to meet you midwest guys one of these times. Have a great weekend!

Just rent a car and start driving now. It will be worth it.
Kansas 914
The forecast is still looking great. Perfect for driving through the Ozark Mountains!

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
Can we start posting pictures to the AutoResponder Thursday morning on the drive in? If so what is the email address?
TheCabinetmaker
If I read right, we have 28 humans and 16 cars signed up. Woo Hoo.

Not the largest MUSR I've attended, but not the smallest either.

I too have room for some parts if needed.
I will also be traveling with jack, stands, tools, a few extra parts, and my box of gaskets.
rnellums
agree.gif even though some of use are leaving tomorrow driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I'm only 1 1/2 hours away. Easy drive. See ya there.

Edit: 2 1/2 hours.
BajaXJ92
I wanna gooooo hissyfit.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Oct 11 2011, 08:56 AM) *

Do it. Fly to St. Louis Wed night or Thurs morning. Rent a car or get in mine.
Mary Shortridge
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 10 2011, 10:16 AM) *

Rough plan for couple of us:

Ross (heading from Lafayette IN) and I (heading from Chicago) are leaving Wed evening, meeting around Springfield, then layover just past St.Louis in Eureka Missouri. Finishing up Thursday AM to Eureka Springs.

Anyone else heading through St. Louis area?

Good luck thru St. Louis... UGH!!!!! Did that twice last year, never again if I can help it!
BigDBass
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ Oct 11 2011, 09:32 AM) *

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 10 2011, 10:16 AM) *

Rough plan for couple of us:

Ross (heading from Lafayette IN) and I (heading from Chicago) are leaving Wed evening, meeting around Springfield, then layover just past St.Louis in Eureka Missouri. Finishing up Thursday AM to Eureka Springs.

Anyone else heading through St. Louis area?

Good luck thru St. Louis... UGH!!!!! Did that twice last year, never again if I can help it!

Ruh roh. It will be like 10 or 11PM. Any suggestion for an alternate route?
poorsche914
Anyone passing thru east or middle TN along I-40?
I am heading out Wednesday afternoon with Memphis as my goal. driving.gif
My wife thinks I am crazy for driving the 914. She may be right blink.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 11 2011, 10:56 AM) *

My wife thinks I am crazy for driving the 914. She may be right blink.gif

Most of us are crazy for driving a 40 year old car to MUSR. But that is what makes it exciting... I have never driven mine that far before - so it is a test for me too!

Just drive it!

Click to view attachment
rnellums
agree.gif I have put 800 miles on Calypso since I pulled her out of a barn earlier this summer. New brake lines, fuel lines, spark wires, air filter, vacuum hoses and an oil change and she is running sweet as a nut. Of course It is really only a matter of time before something fails. I just hope she remembers to give me a heads up.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Oct 11 2011, 07:27 AM) *

Can we start posting pictures to the AutoResponder Thursday morning on the drive in? If so what is the email address?

Let me get back in touch with McMark and see what the status is on the live update thread.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 11 2011, 01:36 PM) *

agree.gif I have put 800 miles on Calypso since I pulled her out of a barn earlier this summer. New brake lines, fuel lines, spark wires, air filter, vacuum hoses and an oil change and she is running sweet as a nut. Of course It is really only a matter of time before something fails. I just hope she remembers to give me a heads up.

It also helps if you have a AAA Premier card........ Free tow for 200 miles! sunglasses.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Oct 11 2011, 02:40 PM) *
My barn find LE ran good for nearly 1000 miles and then threw a rod or something. Yeah, was making some noise so there was warning.
Current engine is "history unknown" but it seems to run strong. Has an exhaust leak that I cannot get rid of and the muffler is kinda crappy. Crossing my fingers in hopes it makes the MUSR trip. rolleyes.gif

Ross - do you happen to have 2.0 tin for the passenger side? The piece I have has been cut for an AC unit.

steve
driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 11 2011, 01:56 PM) *

My barn find LE ran good for nearly 1000 miles and then threw a rod or something. Yeah, was making some noise so there was warning.
Current engine is "history unknown" but it seems to run strong. Has an exhaust leak that I cannot get rid of and the muffler is kinda crappy. Crossing my fingers in hopes it makes the MUSR trip. rolleyes.gif

Ross - do you happen to have 2.0 tin for the passenger side? The piece I have has been cut for an AC unit.

steve
driving.gif

I have a muffler you can have when you get here. It is really to quiet for me but it is in great sheap. I even have some new gaskets.
rnellums

QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 11 2011, 01:36 PM) *

It also helps if you have a AAA Premier card........ Free tow for 200 miles! sunglasses.gif

Already used that one up earlier this year during my roadtrip to IN from Denver. Broke down just outside of badlands in SD, towed it just to Mitchell.

Steve- Unfortunately for you I sent my engine and associated hardware to BandJoey earlier this summer in hopes that he might be able to make MUSR. I'm afraid you are out of luck on the tin as far as I am concerned.
hot_shoe914
I have some 2.0 tin if we can get it off the motor.
poorsche914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 11 2011, 03:23 PM) *
Steve- Unfortunately for you I sent my engine and associated hardware to BandJoey earlier this summer in hopes that he might be able to make MUSR. I'm afraid you are out of luck on the tin as far as I am concerned.

No problem as it is not essential at this point. Need it for when I have the engine rebuilt this winter. Thanks!

BajaXJ92
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 11 2011, 10:01 AM) *

QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Oct 11 2011, 08:56 AM) *

Do it. Fly to St. Louis Wed night or Thurs morning. Rent a car or get in mine.

I really wish I had the time to get away from work. I was just informed that I've got a multi-million dollar potential new client coming to meet with me at 7am tomorrow morning, which means I'll be at least a day behind in my daily routine until Saturday. There goes my weekend. dry.gif

Client----> KMA.gif <----Me
RJMII
anyone driving from the PNW that needs a copilot and wants to stop and pick me up?

rnellums
Leaving in 10 hours!
Kansas 914
Weather is still looking perfect - in Eureka for MUSR though they are getting rain today and a bunch yesterday. You might get a bit of rain coming through St. Louis but clear after that on Thursday.

Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
That looks much better than the infamous "rain ramble". What a miserable weekend (weather wise). All the cars looked great at the car show in the rain.

We're packing and making last minute preps today, and driving over late tomorrow morning.
Bags are packed!! Oil change on Wilma tonight is last prep work?

Leaving Early 2mro AM with a stop in LR on the way....Steve is supposed to be in Memphis sometime this afternoon I believe in his Teener with a stop-over at Shoe's. I believe Christine is destined to be towed and not driven??

Can't Wait....if this last 6 hours of work would just get out of the way...LOL
Kansas 914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 12 2011, 08:40 AM) *

I believe Christine is destined to be towed and not driven??

I think Shoe might have to be towed - not feeling well??
poorsche914
I plan to leave around 2pm local time to hopefully get thru Nashville before rush hour and into Memphis after rush hour.
Overnight at Shoe's... hope he is feeling better confused24.gif
More than that - hope my 914 makes the 6.5 hr drive unsure.gif

steve
driving.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 12 2011, 09:07 AM) *

More than that - hope my 914 makes the 6.5 hr drive unsure.gif

We all share that sentiment..........
BigDBass
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Oct 12 2011, 08:43 AM) *

I think Shoe might have to be towed - not feeling well??

confused24.gif
Sick? sad.gif
Thoward914
Raining right now in Dallas. I still need to get the 914 off the trailer and adjust the valves. Ran like crap at the autocross last weekend. Slight backfire at idle, rough idle and lacked normal power. Also Robyn is running a 105.1 temperature right now. She does want me to take her to the the doctor so I'm giving her asprin and taking her temp every hour, hope it isn't the flu. Things are iffy but I'm pushing ahead to get everything ready for the trip tomorrow.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Thoward914 @ Oct 12 2011, 09:48 AM) *

Raining right now in Dallas. I still need to get the 914 off the trailer and adjust the valves. Ran like crap at the autocross last weekend. Slight backfire at idle, rough idle and lacked normal power. Also Robyn is running a 105.1 temperature right now. She does want me to take her to the the doctor so I'm giving her asprin and taking her temp every hour, hope it isn't the flu. Things are iffy but I'm pushing ahead to get everything ready for the trip tomorrow.

Not letting an illness stop my ramble, Theraflu and Nyquil are my friends. Oh yeah, Ibuprofin for the aches too. Still lots to do today to be ready to leave tomorrow.
pcar916
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 12 2011, 08:28 AM) *

That looks much better than the infamous "rain ramble".

Oh man, that was one saturated Ramble. But the fog socking us in on the way to Queen Willamena Resort gave a certain "haunted" quality to the whole thing.

Didn't seem to squash the 914 atmosphere to much but I had to put on the rain tires! beerchug.gif

I always have my car well prepared long before events but for the first time I might have to stay up all night to get the trans back in my car. Then it's a 3.5 hour shakedown to Eureka Springs. Life is good!!!! piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.