Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFFICIAL MUSR 12 THREAD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 12 2011, 10:02 AM) *

Not letting an illness stop my ramble, Theraflu and Nyquil are my friends. Oh yeah, Ibuprofin for the aches too. Still lots to do today to be ready to leave tomorrow.

I just went and got my flu shot - I know it protect me for a week or two - but this prompted me to go get it done - I have been wanting to do it for weeks now!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Thoward914 @ Oct 12 2011, 06:48 AM) *

Raining right now in Dallas. I still need to get the 914 off the trailer and adjust the valves. Ran like crap at the autocross last weekend. Slight backfire at idle, rough idle and lacked normal power. Also Robyn is running a 105.1 temperature right now. She does want me to take her to the the doctor so I'm giving her asprin and taking her temp every hour, hope it isn't the flu. Things are iffy but I'm pushing ahead to get everything ready for the trip tomorrow.

If Robyn is an adult, you need to get her to a clinic or an ER right away. Children can run fevers that high but it is still dangerous. Seizures are common at that high a temperature.
Thoward914
I got Robyn to take some acetaminophen earlier and currently her fever is down to 101.2. No chill at the moment and she went back to bed and is asleep. Will check her temperature in another hour. Rain has stop here in Dallas. Head out back to adjust the 914's valves.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Oct 12 2011, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 12 2011, 08:28 AM) *

That looks much better than the infamous "rain ramble".

Oh man, that was one saturated Ramble. But the fog socking us in on the way to Queen Willamena Resort gave a certain "haunted" quality to the whole thing.

Didn't seem to squash the 914 atmosphere to much but I had to put on the rain tires! beerchug.gif

I always have my car well prepared long before events but for the first time I might have to stay up all night to get the trans back in my car. Then it's a 3.5 hour shakedown to Eureka Springs. Life is good!!!! piratenanner.gif

That drive to Wilamena Lodge and back was one of the most treacherous drives I've ever been on. Talimena drive is a challenging run without the super dense fog. At least Charlie didn't get us lost that time. av-943.gif
pt_700
sorry to go little ot but, that fever was high! glad to hear it's gone down.

carefull with the ibuprophen. i was taking that last week (no more than directed) and it totally acidified my stomach. coming back slowly with some prescription stomach coater but, i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

haven't been able to drink beer or eat much since friday.

the cure is worse than the disease!

QUOTE(Thoward914 @ Oct 12 2011, 10:42 AM) *

I got Robyn to take some acetaminophen earlier and currently her fever is down to 101.2. No chill at the moment and she went back to bed and is asleep. Will check her temperature in another hour. Rain has stop here in Dallas. Head out back to adjust the 914's valves.

poorsche914
Heading out now. Couple of local stops first and then headed west to Memphis via I-40.

Will try to post photos to the live thread along the way.

driving.gif
BigDBass
piratenanner.gif driving.gif w00t.gif

Be safe! See you soon!
Kansas 914
The live feed appears to be working. Email your pictures to: live@originalcustoms.com

Keep in mind that the uploader doesn't rotate images - try to shoot them in landscape orientation.

Cheers!
Thoward914
Adjusted the valves but still had the slight backfire and rough idle. Then I pulled the plugs and found the the #2 plug wet with fuel. Replaced the injector and the idle is better with no backfire. Robyn is feeling alot better, her fever is almost gone. Moving to the next 50 things to do before we leave.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Thoward914 @ Oct 12 2011, 07:16 PM) *

Adjusted the valves but still had the slight backfire and rough idle. Then I pulled the plugs and found the the #2 plug wet with fuel. Replaced the injector and the idle is better with no backfire. Robyn is feeling alot better, her fever is almost gone. Moving to the next 50 things to do before we leave.

Glad Robyn is feeling better.
Kansas 914
Just a note to say thanks for everyone that coordinated this event and also to all those that attended. It was a great event and I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Cheers!
rnellums
I wanted to add my thanks as well. I had a blast and will be doing everything in my power to make it again next year (perhaps with two cars)! The return drive went well for me and I hope everyone else has safe travels as well.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rnellums @ Oct 17 2011, 08:49 AM) *

I wanted to add my thanks as well. I had a blast and will be doing everything in my power to make it again next year (perhaps with two cars)! The return drive went well for me and I hope everyone else has safe travels as well.

Glad you guys made it home safely - I hope everyone else did too - I haven't heard from anyone - cheers!
TheCabinetmaker
Absolute best MUSR I've attended ( My sixth). My stay at the Riders Rest with owners Bob and Ann was top notch. Really enjoyed meeting everyone. Time to start getting ready for next year.LOL
It was great to see the folks that I already knew once again!!

And it was really nice to meet everyone else that I knew from the board but had never seen in person. Thanks Biker Bob and Mike (Country Mountain Inn) for putting up with us for three nights. Mike turned out alright once WE all quit throwing cigerette butts down in the parking lot...LOL

Steve was leaving Memphis this AM for home. Donald drove from Little Rock to Memphis running 102 fever. I'm doubting he will remember much of that stretch of I40.

Hope everyone makes/made it home safe and without incident. Enough of those at the event?

And a special shout out to Brad for being the resident mechanic and making sure every teener stayed of the road too!!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 17 2011, 09:31 AM) *

And a special shout out to Brad for being the resident mechanic and making sure every teener stayed of the road too!!

agree.gif

He worked on anyones car that needed it - he saved Donald's weekend driving by making Christine come alive on the first night with a little parking lot ingenuity! BRILLIANT! I wish I were closer to his shop (914LTD in East Peoria, Illinois)

Brad rocks - he also donated a lot of items as door prizes - thanks again Brad!
pcar916
This MUSR was fantastic! Thanks to all that organized it and the wonderful crowd that attended. Smooth, safe, and lots of driving on those amazing roads... looking forward to next year's run as well. beerchug.gif
BigDBass

Thanks everyone for making this a great event!

I made it home last night safe and sound around 7:15pm. No excitement whatsoever on the way home, which was just what I was looking for!

Time to start planning MUSR13!

Dan
poorsche914
I agree with all comments above: Great MUSR. piratenanner.gif

Glad all have made it home safely. I have stopped at a Chick-fil-a just east of Nashville so still have about 3 hours to go driving.gif

rnellums
Way to Go! have a safe rest of your journey!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 17 2011, 11:05 AM) *

I agree with all comments above: Great MUSR. piratenanner.gif

Glad all have made it home safely. I have stopped at a Chick-fil-a just east of Nashville so still have about 3 hours to go driving.gif

That's why you got the LONG DISTANCE Award!

Be Safe - cheers!
biker bob
Thanks to all who attended. It was great meeting everyone. This was our first Ramble but Ann agrees with me it won't be our last. Sorry we were unable to spend more time with the group. The next Ramble we won't be working. Looking foward to MUSR 13.

A special thanks to a couple of members. First Don for stepping up and making MUSR 12 happen. Don did an outstanding job under difficult circumstances and is to be commended.

In addition to Brad helping Don get Christy up and going. He also helped me sort out my shift linkage. I was missing one of the knuckle bushings and the other was almost gone. A condition that would have probably left me stranded on the Friday run. Thanks again Brad.

Last but not least Curt Curtis who spent part of his Thursday nigt helping me replace the knuckle bushings.

The best to everyoun and keep driving thoes 914's.

Biker Bob
BigDBass
Man I sure would rather still be driving around in the Ozarks instead being of back here in the office sad2.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 17 2011, 03:29 PM) *

Man I sure would rather still be driving around in the Ozarks instead being of back here in the office sad2.gif

agree.gif

Yep - however the cooler/wetter weather is moving in today - so we timed it perfectly!
biker bob
Anyone lose a car key? Does not look like a 914 key. I found it in the mailbox this morning. Could it be yours if so I'll send it along ASAP.
poorsche914
I made it home a couple hours ago. Took a nap for a bit smile.gif

Googlemapped it and the distance for me was around 700+ miles each way blink.gif
Would I do it again? Absolutely! cheer.gif
Even though I live in the Smokies where there are TONS of awesome roads, the best part of MUSR was driving with other teeners.
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

hot_shoe914
Glad everyone had a great time. Fever is down from the upside of 103 to the 101 range. Feel like crap and going back to bed. Oh yeah, did finally eat for the first time since lunch yesterday. Thanks Steve for playing nurse maid last night and a BIG thanks to Ken and Steve for making sure I arrived home safely. Don't really remember much but woke up in my bed this morning. MUSR12 was a huge success!

Shoe
914ltd
Thanks to all! Paula and I had a great weekend and a great drive home, we didn't put the top on until Springfield IL. Gene and Cheri (SILVR914) drove with us for a trouble free trip.

Special thanks to Donald, Dan and all that helped arrange this event. You would not realize how much effort is required to put on an event like this unless you did it yourself! Fun, friends and 914's was the theme and it was a total success!

Looking forward to MUSR 13, count on me for support. Brad
914four
Donna and I enjoyed seeing everyone this year and look forward to driving our car next year. We hope to have another Birmingham 914 with us next year with Jimmy Grantham driving. Jimmy just finished restoring his original 914-6 pictured below.

Click to view attachment
BigDBass
QUOTE(914four @ Oct 17 2011, 10:33 PM) *

Donna and I enjoyed seeing everyone this year and look forward to driving our car next year. We hope to have another Birmingham 914 with us next year with Jimmy Grantham driving. Jimmy just finished restoring his original 914-6 pictured below.

Click to view attachment

I do hope he makes it. I will steal his wheels. happy11.gif
pcar916
Acetone, simple green and many scrub brush episodes and it's not completely gone.
Gene was right... it's permanent.

Of course, this MUSR was worth it!!!!!! beerchug.gif
I believe everyone is accounted for except the TX crew....Robyn, Travis and A. I know they don't frequent the board a lot though...
Kansas 914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 18 2011, 09:35 AM) *

I believe everyone is accounted for except the TX crew....Robyn, Travis and A. I know they don't frequent the board a lot though...

I hope they made it - Avery's drive was going to be an interesting one with his clutch cable issue.

popcorn[1].gif

jt914-6
I made it home Ken....There should be a post MUSR crimson shaft award for Ron's hands.... poke.gif
Had a great time, 'cept for almost getting that 6 point buck with my car....all those track days paid off then... driving.gif
Nice meeting and seeing old teener friends.... beerchug.gif
Thanks Don, Ken, and Brittney for getting it together....Biker Bob, Brad, too many to list....What a great group of people are in the 914 World.... first.gif
I knew you were home, JT....
I believe Ron told me Sunday he talked to you at the AX??
jt914-6
Yes....saw him at the AX....I heard that someone got a ticket to the Arkansas State Police Ball???..... driving.gif
Yes Christine is full of surprises...
I had got caught up in traffic in a passing area so I feel a little lucky!!

As sick as Shoe was its a good thing we didn't make it by WM it seems.
bandjoey
Great pictures. I did paypal I think it was $22 for a long sleeve shirt to be mailed. If it was too late, you can reverse the payment, send a check, or cash in a padded envelope along with world series tickets

Thanks Bill
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Oct 21 2011, 10:45 PM) *

Great pictures. I did paypal I think it was $22 for a long sleeve shirt to be mailed. If it was too late, you can reverse the payment, send a check, or cash in a padded envelope along with world series tickets

Thanks Bill

I have your shirt. I have several to ship once I get back from Indiana.
914four
Thanks to Donald, Bob, Ken, Steve, Ron, Dan, Travis, Robin and everyone who worked so hard to make this MUSR a success and such a fun event for everyone including spouses. Donna really enjoyed the location with all there was to do in the Eureka area.

Donna and I had a great time and look forward to seeing everyone again next year!

Kelvin
hot_shoe914
More video of MUSR12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIw69ClxUt8
poorsche914
Video I put together of the MUSR12 Friday drive: sweepers, long stretches, elevation changes and twisties. Highlights of the 200+ mile drive on the roads around Eureka Springs with a group of 914s. About 5 minutes long. driving.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPzwDYIer_Q
BigDBass
Thanks for sharing the videos, guys!

I watched one with my daughters. They recognized my car. Then my 5 year old said "Daddy, your green car looks slow." I withheld my tears and said "Yeah, Shoe said I was slow this year too."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.