Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Fired. Well kind of., Replacing my shipping assistant
Mikey914
post Aug 5 2011, 02:12 AM
Post #1

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

As many of you know, I'm a pretty small opperation. I just recently (in the last 3 months), got a shipping assistant. I could not have kept up with the shipping and the day job without him. However, the accuracy of his shipping has been an issue for awhile. I had hoped that it would improve, and it has, just not to the level we need.

So, effecite next week, Topher will be incharge of my inventory controll, so he will be doing some production and packaging, as well as helping me to keep track of the inventory and schedule materials. Really, it's mostly production, packing and labeling. I have hirred a replacement that will start training tomorrow, and will be cross training him to help Topher are required. Fortunately, Jay has had some expeience with shipping and is very mechanically inclined. That and he's got a good eye for detail. So we will see, but this should be a good move for all of us.

-Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Aug 5 2011, 06:48 AM
Post #2

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 5 2011, 03:12 AM) *

As many of you know, I'm a pretty small opperation. I just recently (in the last 3 months), got a shipping assistant. I could not have kept up with the shipping and the day job without him. However, the accuracy of his shipping has been an issue for awhile. I had hoped that it would improve, and it has, just not to the level we need.

So, effecite next week, Topher will be incharge of my inventory controll, so he will be doing some production and packaging, as well as helping me to keep track of the inventory and schedule materials. Really, it's mostly production, packing and labeling. I have hirred a replacement that will start training tomorrow, and will be cross training him to help Topher are required. Fortunately, Jay has had some expeience with shipping and is very mechanically inclined. That and he's got a good eye for detail. So we will see, but this should be a good move for all of us.

-Mark

Good luck, does he proofread also? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Aug 5 2011, 09:00 AM
Post #3

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Aug 5 2011, 09:04 AM
Post #4

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

I just placed an order on your site. I hope it's not lost. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Aug 5 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,889
Region Association: Southern California

For anyone who hasn't purchased from 914Rubber, I would like to say, that no matter what, Mark makes things right, responds if there is a problem, and goes out of his way to help you. . No , I'm not related to him, just a happy customer. . and the products are good. .
+Quote Post
76-914
post Aug 5 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #6

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) BTW, I've never experienced any delays or transactional difficulties with you guys. More than I can say about everyone else.
+Quote Post
914itis
post Aug 5 2011, 01:35 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,256
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(toolguy @ Aug 5 2011, 01:45 PM) *

For anyone who hasn't purchased from 914Rubber, I would like to say, that no matter what, Mark makes things right, responds if there is a problem, and goes out of his way to help you. . No , I'm not related to him, just a happy customer. . and the products are good. .

I AGREE ! the only time an order was delayed, it was not even for long, he shipped it to me at his expense next day air. I think he took a lost on that one, unlike AA, I placed an order that was delayed and when I spoke to the DR he did ship it next day air, but at my expense of $71.00
+Quote Post
biggy72
post Aug 5 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,418
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Wooohooo! I love the parts, but am still waiting on an order from almost a month and a half ago.... I can only imagine how much money he's cost you to this point by sending incorrect shipments or by printing a shipping label and then not getting it out the door.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 5 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #9

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

No, the proofreading is mine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Orders are still being processed, I have actually leased a slightly larger space to accomidate shipping making the move late next week, should be about a day to get everything moved over. Good thing I'm small.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Aug 5 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 5 2011, 10:42 PM) *

No, the proofreading is mine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Orders are still being processed, I have actually leased a slightly larger space to accomidate shipping making the move late next week, should be about a day to get everything moved over. Good thing I'm small.

Not sure on timing but let me know when you do it. If I have time I'll come help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 04:47 PM