Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bringing home a roller..., Which end should I put in the garage?
bondo
post Jul 3 2004, 01:07 AM
Post #1

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

So I'm bringing home a 73 roller this weekend. I am doing a V8 conversion, bodywork, paint, and a 5 lug conversion with a carerra suspension. Once I stick this puppy in the garage, it will be hard to turn around. If I put it in back first, I can put it close to the door to maximize the smooth flat space in front of it for engine maneuvering.. if I put it in front first, I can open the door for engine maneuvering. But my driveway slopes away downhill, and there's like a 1/2" step from the garage to the driveway, so rolling an engine over that won't be easy, and if I get it too far away from the garage it will roll away with great gusto. Having the front in first may also make the suspension swap more difficult, I'm not sure. I was hoping people who had done this could give me some tips.

Also, any suggestions anyone may have for getting it up the (fairly steep) driveway in the first place would be appreciated! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
Rusty
post Jul 3 2004, 03:28 AM
Post #2

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

IMHO... Front first... in case you need to take the engine out of the garage for anything. You can also use more daylight from the door while you're working on installing the drivetrain.

Whichever direction you choose, to get it up there, I'd take off the bumper, get some couch cushions & cardboard as padding... and push the car up there with another vehicle. Have someone in the car to hit the brakes when you're in place.

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 01:00 PM