Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bringing home a roller...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
So I'm bringing home a 73 roller this weekend. I am doing a V8 conversion, bodywork, paint, and a 5 lug conversion with a carerra suspension. Once I stick this puppy in the garage, it will be hard to turn around. If I put it in back first, I can put it close to the door to maximize the smooth flat space in front of it for engine maneuvering.. if I put it in front first, I can open the door for engine maneuvering. But my driveway slopes away downhill, and there's like a 1/2" step from the garage to the driveway, so rolling an engine over that won't be easy, and if I get it too far away from the garage it will roll away with great gusto. Having the front in first may also make the suspension swap more difficult, I'm not sure. I was hoping people who had done this could give me some tips.

Also, any suggestions anyone may have for getting it up the (fairly steep) driveway in the first place would be appreciated! smile.gif
Rusty
IMHO... Front first... in case you need to take the engine out of the garage for anything. You can also use more daylight from the door while you're working on installing the drivetrain.

Whichever direction you choose, to get it up there, I'd take off the bumper, get some couch cushions & cardboard as padding... and push the car up there with another vehicle. Have someone in the car to hit the brakes when you're in place.

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.