Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My Wife tried to Kill me, but I wasn't under the car
76-914
post Aug 7 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Yesterday I decided to add a gage so I pulled Blackie in the garage. I jacked it up enough to get a jackstand under the motor mount crossbar on the pass side. This would allow enough room for me to slide beneath. After placing the jackstand I removed the floor jack but thought better of it. I actually had a feeling we might have an earthquake that day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) So I move it back to a point a few inches in front of the rear jack point and maybe an inch lower. In other words, not in contact with the car. I figured the car wouldn't drop far if we had an earth quake (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif). Besides it would be easier to move out of the way. I had just drilled and installed a grommet and found myself needing some red zip ties so I slid out and was getting these when my wife pulls up (and in her defense) in our new SUV. She attempted to put the car in Park and began looking down for something while listening to an audio book. To my horror, I watch as she rolls into and pushes Blackie a few feet forward. As Blackie rolls forward, yes I'm screaming at the top of my f****ng lungs (TG I wasn't armed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) ) the jack stand tips over and the car falls. This is where it came to rest. A few more inches and there would have been a rolling tool box, two transaxles and one drill press in our kitchen.

Attached Image

This is looking inside after she drove off cause I'm an asshole. Oh yes, I was in serious shit for screaming and had to promise that I would not post any of this but that was yesterday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif). See the fence that is flattened out. That's so the dogs can work in the garage with me. I guess my hollering spooked them cause when that fence went down they ran off down the damned street. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Attached Image

Anyway, this shot shows the fallen jackstand. As it turns out, as the car came off the stand it moved forward a few inches and landed on the rubber pad dead on the rear jack point then continued to roll forward on the floor jacks wheels. I shit you not! There is a very small dent in my rear spoiler where the SUV's lic plate frame hit it. Remember it was jacked up higher than it would normally sit. Otherwise, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
76-914   My Wife tried to Kill me   Aug 7 2011, 09:51 PM
silver74insocal   im surprised you've lasted this long, what wit...   Aug 7 2011, 10:07 PM
sixnotfour   nothing new here , wives ae always trying,   Aug 7 2011, 10:13 PM
wertygrog   Scary stuff!!!! Don't let your...   Aug 7 2011, 11:28 PM
PeeGreen 914   :blink: I always love how we get in trouble after ...   Aug 8 2011, 12:09 AM
76-914   :blink: I always love how we get in trouble after...   Aug 8 2011, 07:45 AM
Vacca Rabite   My wife gets upset when I complain about women dri...   Aug 8 2011, 05:58 AM
iamchappy   My wife has taken out the garage door three times,...   Aug 8 2011, 07:44 AM
narino   I laughed so hard a this. A perfect description ...   Aug 8 2011, 07:39 PM
underthetire   I have to admit my girlfriend is a pretty good dri...   Aug 8 2011, 08:29 AM
kerensky   My lovely wife dented my rear deck. While it was ...   Aug 8 2011, 08:51 AM
Bleyseng   I always have the floor jack set so act as a back ...   Aug 8 2011, 11:06 AM
Drums66   I always have the floor jack set so act as a back...   Aug 8 2011, 12:18 PM
GeorgeRud   :agree: A good friend and Porsche mechanic would a...   Aug 8 2011, 11:11 AM
SirAndy   :blink:   Aug 8 2011, 11:33 AM
wingnut86   Another, "Hell No, I Have NO Comment" in...   Aug 8 2011, 11:50 AM
RFoulds   Life (and marriage) is a lot easier when you can l...   Aug 8 2011, 12:49 PM
PanelBilly   My gf rubbed the curb with the wheels on my SL500....   Aug 8 2011, 12:59 PM
patssle   My wife never messes up my car, tries to kill me, ...   Aug 8 2011, 02:03 PM
TargaToy   My wife leant her van to her sister. We were in ...   Aug 8 2011, 07:28 PM
BMXerror   Maybe it's just the mood I'm in, but this ...   Aug 8 2011, 07:48 PM
euro911   Living in CA, one never knows when an earthquake c...   Aug 8 2011, 09:41 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:35 AM