Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need help with a 911
sofi2t81
post Aug 9 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,458
Region Association: Germany

Hello there,

A little bit of topic but I need some help on a 911.

I decided a while ago to ad a 911 to my 914 to fill the container when I’m going home to Germany (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I looked at a 83 911 SC 3.0l at the weekend and I need some help.
The car has 107,000 mls and was never restored. As fa as I could see it's rust and wreck free. First paint with chips at the hood and the bumper. Some dents, new brakes, clutch, starter, and service in the last 3,00 mls.(all with receipts)

The owner drove it 6,000 mls since 2004 and he has not much technical knowledge (nice guy, older, not in a hurry to sell the car.)

Overall a real honest car.

The only thing I saw at the car is the following:
There is a little bit of oil, let me say sweat, at the parting line of the crankcase and the right cylinder head gasket. The gasket oil could come from the oil filler above.
What I'm not able to judge is the oil sweat at the parting line. If there is a leak I assume fixing will end in a full rebuild of the engine. (If it’s open once….)
There was no oil drops at the engine or oil at the floor. My idea would be to clean the areas with break cleaner drive the car to a workshop (either Porsche shop or at free shop) and check again. The seller is fine with that.
Does that work? Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks Peter
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 03:49 AM