Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front Sway Bar Installation, On 1970 w/o factory bar
Dave-O
post Jul 5 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #1

Is winter done yet?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

Hi all,
I'm looking to install a front sway bar on my 70'. After going through all the effort to track one down and install it i would much rather end up with a 19mm bar rather than the stock 17mm.

First question: Does anyone have a 19mm bar lying around?

Second question: What 911's came with a stock 19mm through the body front bar? (this information would make it much easier to track down a used bar)

Third question: If i am unable to find a 19mm bar, does anyone have a stock bar that they'd be willing to part with real cheap? (sorry, i'm a poor college student who will probably be addicted to autocross within the next week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif) )

On a side note, I'm going to my first autocross this weekend: the MOWOG event in St. Cloud MN. Any members attending? It would be nice to have someone with experience to give me some pointers. It should be fun to get out there in my car with no sway bars and cheap street tires (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif).

Thanks

David
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dave-O   Front Sway Bar Installation   Jul 5 2004, 11:34 AM
Bruce Allert   I bought my front & rear stock bars from either th...   Jul 5 2004, 12:06 PM
Aaron Cox   first of all... i know the poor college thing. doi...   Jul 5 2004, 01:33 PM
trekkor   Not for the student budget, but I really like my 3...   Jul 5 2004, 03:36 PM
SirAndy  
  Jul 5 2004, 04:03 PM
SirAndy  
  Jul 5 2004, 09:39 PM
dmenche914   What I have found is front sway bars are good, rea...   Jul 5 2004, 09:53 PM
DrifterJay     Jul 6 2004, 01:24 PM
Aaron Cox  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:00 PM