Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Throttle Cable Problems
keylessentry
post Jul 5 2004, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,305

Hi I am new around here. I own a 1972 914 2.0 with dual weber carbs, monza exhaust, and a few other bits and pieces here and there. My throttle cable was rerouted by the guy who did the carb conversion so it basically is lower than anything else under the car. I think its got a hole in it and some kind of grime has got in to it because the gas pedal is really sticky now. An example would be I press down the gas to accelerate and then when I clutch to shift, the revs go way up and to "un-stick" the gas requires a throttle blip. I try to do all the work on this car myself but I finally broke down and took it to my normal mechanic (he works on my 99 Audi A4) and he told me he couldnt do anythign about it because of how the cable was rerouted because of the carb job. Does anybody know of a fix that wouldnt require replacing the cable?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 07:52 PM