Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Test Drive Question, "Driving" would be an overstatement.
BraunSC
post Jul 5 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,171

I am searching for a 914 for my wife. I told her the PCA meets aren't any fun for her since she doesn't have her own Porsche. She doesn't like the 911. So...

I went to test drive a 914 over the weekend from a guy who had it on collector car trader. Right away I saw that surface rust meant you could see through the front fender and nearly the trunk lid. (However, it pased the fat man test - or I did (not fat enough (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) ) So I figured we'd at least take it for a spin around the block to get the feel for the 914 in general.

In trying to get it out of the driveway, I stalled it repeatedly. Now, assuming that I didn't actually have it in 3rd gear all, get this: 4 times (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif), what could be the problem? I know the parking brake couldn't be it since it didn't work. I thought maybe the clutch was shot, but the owner claimed to be able to drive it himself. Since I already knew I wasn't going to buy it, I figure why waste his time proving it to me. Yes, I should maybe walked when I saw it but it was like a 60 mine drive there, so why not get some seat time.

Am I missing something about the driving of these cars??? I moved a grand total of 10 feet. Ug.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
BraunSC   Test Drive Question   Jul 5 2004, 06:40 PM
J P Stein   Assuming you know the 901 shift pattern, here...   Jul 5 2004, 07:17 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:24 PM