Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone else with Gtech Pro results?, my numbers...
siverson
post Jul 6 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

My 3.6 project has gotten pretty well sorted out (for the second time), just in time for next weekend at Willow Springs. I spent the weekend tieing up yet more loose ends (-how- much time have I spent on this car?!?!), and took it out this evening with the Gtech. I've put about 2000 miles on the car now, and I'm starting to have enough confidence it in (my assembly skills) to drive it hard now.

Anyways, anyone else have a Gtech pro?

http://www.gtechpro.com/

What were your results? Any V8 folks? I did a bunch of 0-60 runs, and could consistently get times between 4.6 and 4.8 seconds. I couldn't find many safe spots to do a full 1/4 mile run, but ran a couple between 11.8 and 13.0 seconds. 1/4 speed was between 102 mph and 110 mph.

If you live in San Diego and heard someone driving back and forth on the 52 just east of the 15, now you know what was going on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

My Gtech numbers seem optimistic to me... I'm sure this is the fastest car I've driven, but I didn't really expect it to run to 60 in 4.7s. Plus, the car isn't geared well at all for this sort of thing, so I thought it would have even worse results. Using the late 915 transmission, the gearing is -very- tall. 2nd goes to about 70 mph (poor for a 0-60 run), 3rd goes to about 105 mph (again poor for a 1/4 run, because you have to shift to 4th right at the end). This is what I was trying to do when I built the car, but now I'm not sure if I like it. The 901 I was using before had such low gearing...

I'll post some more recent pictures of my car once my girlfriend returns from Europe with my camera... My 914s "Gtech-related specs" are:

- 3.6, Andial sport cams, Autothority MAF/chip, dual in/out exhaust
- 245/50/16 rear tires
- 86 914 transmission with factory limited slip
- I'm guessing about 2300# (carbon fiber lids, but heavy engine, reinforcement, etc)

-Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:59 AM