Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else with Gtech Pro results?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
My 3.6 project has gotten pretty well sorted out (for the second time), just in time for next weekend at Willow Springs. I spent the weekend tieing up yet more loose ends (-how- much time have I spent on this car?!?!), and took it out this evening with the Gtech. I've put about 2000 miles on the car now, and I'm starting to have enough confidence it in (my assembly skills) to drive it hard now.

Anyways, anyone else have a Gtech pro?

http://www.gtechpro.com/

What were your results? Any V8 folks? I did a bunch of 0-60 runs, and could consistently get times between 4.6 and 4.8 seconds. I couldn't find many safe spots to do a full 1/4 mile run, but ran a couple between 11.8 and 13.0 seconds. 1/4 speed was between 102 mph and 110 mph.

If you live in San Diego and heard someone driving back and forth on the 52 just east of the 15, now you know what was going on. smile.gif

My Gtech numbers seem optimistic to me... I'm sure this is the fastest car I've driven, but I didn't really expect it to run to 60 in 4.7s. Plus, the car isn't geared well at all for this sort of thing, so I thought it would have even worse results. Using the late 915 transmission, the gearing is -very- tall. 2nd goes to about 70 mph (poor for a 0-60 run), 3rd goes to about 105 mph (again poor for a 1/4 run, because you have to shift to 4th right at the end). This is what I was trying to do when I built the car, but now I'm not sure if I like it. The 901 I was using before had such low gearing...

I'll post some more recent pictures of my car once my girlfriend returns from Europe with my camera... My 914s "Gtech-related specs" are:

- 3.6, Andial sport cams, Autothority MAF/chip, dual in/out exhaust
- 245/50/16 rear tires
- 86 914 transmission with factory limited slip
- I'm guessing about 2300# (carbon fiber lids, but heavy engine, reinforcement, etc)

-Steve
Andyrew
So what was your hp number?

Ya We have a gtech. The 951 race car (before the turbo) hit 4.8 0-60

How are you launching the car? Sounds like you have quite a bit of power going on...

Andrew
siverson
I'm launching the car pretty easy/normal as (i) anything more than that just creates wheel spin and (cool.gif I don't want to tear things up too bad. I'm clearly not an expert drag racer. 1st requires very careful throttle modulation.

I don't have HP numbers because my Gtech isn't picking up RPMs. Stock the engine is 247, so a little bit more than that... ?

-Steve
JmuRiz
I have a g-tech but haven't found a place to test it yet...maybe one of these days. Having a basically stock HP 2.0 you need a lot of room for the 0-60 haha. And every 1/4 place will be crawling w/ cops if you are to get up to 85+ mph. I'll see what I can find in the coming weeks and try to post, maybe after my vacation on the 17th.

BTW that 3.6 modded and c/f lids sounds wild! I've run #'s in a program and 4.8 doesn't sound too off for that setup to me.
vortrex
QUOTE(siverson @ Jul 6 2004, 07:31 AM)
Stock the engine is 247

and this is a 993 motor? I guess you are talking wheel HP specs?
Andyrew
Nathan, I figured that 0-60 would be about the same as 1/4 mile with a stockish car..

lol

Andrew
JmuRiz
Har har Andrew,
My car is expected to perform like stock but it's not stock at all, has webbers and other different things done to it, so I was just wondering it it performed like stock (since I have no dyno'd it).

I'm guessing the 3.6 is from a 964 not the 993, correct?
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(siverson @ Jul 5 2004, 10:20 PM)
- 86 914 transmission with factory limited slip

-Steve

I want one of these! Did you get it out of Automobile Atlanta's "Lost Warehouse". J/K (I know I am a jackass) Did you mean a '76 901, or an '86 915

Inquring minds want to know!

-Chris
siverson
Ooops, yes, I meant 1986 915.

-Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.