Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BMW 328i Clunk, Way off topic
Mike's2nd914
post Jul 7 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 616

Yeah, I know I'm off topic, but I can't find a decent BMW bbs to post questions to and I have noticed that a lot of you guys, like me, are into the beemers as well.

My 2000 328i (with only 40k miles) has developed a clunk whenever you let of the gas. I have found a TSB concerning this problem called A/T - GM5 Clunk Noise Group 24 Automatic Transmission 24 09 98. It involves replacing the Output Flange and Spring Washer to fix the problem. The dealer wants $520.00 to do it.

Anyway, Just wondered if any of you guys have experienced this and if so if anyone as attempted the repair themselves.

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
cha914
post Jul 7 2004, 03:31 PM
Post #2

MUSR 8 - 5lug conversion done wed - drive 500miles thrus

Member No.: 63

try searching over at www.roadfly.org/bmw

they have a good set of bmw forums, the format isn't as nice, but the search function usually works well, and alot of knowledgable guys are over there.

Tony
+Quote Post
Mike's2nd914
post Jul 7 2004, 03:42 PM
Post #3

cool! Thanks!
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 7 2004, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I checked the recall bullitin for that year & model. Nothing pertaining to the output flange. Only recalls were for unduly sensitive air bag system. (I guess you can't yell at it or it cries or something... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ) And the brake lamp switch could fail. (well the tires could go flat too but.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) sheeez... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )

Hey I don't make these up people... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/monkeydance.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike's2nd914
post Jul 8 2004, 07:10 AM
Post #5

I checked out Roadfly and, yeah, they all do it and the concensus seems to be either fix it or live with it. I think I have fewer problems with my 30 year old 914 with 110k miles than I do with my 4 year old BMW with 40k miles. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
BraunSC
post Jul 8 2004, 08:14 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,171

Roadfly sucks, IMHO. Try e46fanatics.com or www.bmwboard.com. You will notice a difference between the boards, but that adds to the knowledge base.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:03 PM