Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Would you use this bumper top on a freshly painted car?
barada
post Aug 17 2011, 07:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,613
Region Association: None

Ok, Long story short. I tore my car apart on 5-28 with the goal of having it done by the end of the year. I also set a budget of 2K for new interior parts, paint, etc.We painted the car ourselves so so far I am running right on track. I do expect to go over though.

So far everything has done well expect when I took my bumpers apart the front Bumper top had 4-5 dents in the outer edge from bumping into things. I reached out to 914rubber for a new set and had planned on buying. Last night I noticed the bumper itself had a pretty tough dent in it behind where the top mounts. I was able to straighten it out enough to make work and when I brought the top up I thought, Can I straighten this?So I spent an hour working on it until it is not actually very straight. The surface area on it is fine, just was wavy.
Would you guys use it? The car will be a driver. I plan on having it at a few cruise in's and meets but I never show any of my cars. The rear will test my abilites so I do suspect I will have to buy one of those.
Here is a picture of it on the car prior to being removed. Not easy to see but you will notice it is wavy on the edge. And two more as it sits this morning.

Thanks for looking and letting my annoy you guys with questions.

Phillip

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 01:44 AM