Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alright, lets get the chatter going for the, MidWest 914 Classic Who's on the fence
jim912928
post Jul 8 2004, 11:14 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Garold, I'm going to push hard to get it roadworthy (body is done, new suspension going in as we speak, interior is still out but I have most of the pieces I need). Engine is about as dirty as you can imagine after spending 4 months in a body shop and multiple years before that sitting outside in so cal desert. I replaced all the fuel/vacuum lines to get it running and planned on pulling it after I got all the body work done for the ultimate clean...but...I might just have to run it for awhile with a dirty engine! Here is a pic of my car when I pulled it into the driveway from the body shop. I'm putting boxster rims on it all around and found a great set of Konig seats for the inside!

If it's together..maybe we can caravan?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 9 2004, 07:26 AM
Post #22

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Damn Jim! That car looks nice!
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Jul 9 2004, 07:40 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,536

Thanks Rich...it's been a labor of love I started last september. I'm on the home stretch and progress is crawling!
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Jul 9 2004, 08:13 AM
Post #24

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 8 2004, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Jul 8 2004, 12:03 PM)
How about the East Coast?

I'm thinking about coming... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
Does anyone need a co-pilot for the trip to Hell? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Ed,

Are you flying into Detroit? It seems that would be the most logical airport. I was then wondering how to get from Detroit to Hell. (I know, once you get to Detroit you are in Hell.)
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jul 9 2004, 08:22 AM
Post #25

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Jul 9 2004, 09:13 AM)
Ed,

Are you flying into Detroit? It seems that would be the most logical airport. I was then wondering how to get from Detroit to Hell. (I know, once you get to Detroit you are in Hell.)

OUCH!
The event is in Whitmore Lake, MI. The fun run leaves from there and goes to Hell from there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif). Get on I-94 (runs right next to the airport) west to US-23 North. Probably less than a 30 minute drive. Check the maps on the MWC forum post. It's about as uncomplicated a route from the airport as you could hope for.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Jul 9 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #26

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Jim, if your car is ready buy then, maybe I will come and ride withyou. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) Very nice car you have. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jul 9 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jul 9 2004, 01:38 PM)

Indeed. I like the silver rocker covers!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 9 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #28

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jul 9 2004, 05:40 AM)
Thanks Rich...it's been a labor of love I started last september. I'm on the home stretch and progress is crawling!

Remember there is 24 hrs. in a day! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) Anyone close to Jim get over and lend a hand! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) That car needs to be at the MWC! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 9 2004, 04:52 PM
Post #29

Hey nice rack! -Celette

OK who's next! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) We need more photo's of cars that are close to making the event! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

And Who's coming solo? We need some extra seats just incase ejm (Ed ) and Jake can make it.

Hey I can't help it I'm rev'ed up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
ejm
post Jul 10 2004, 06:38 AM
Post #30

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Member No.: 224
Region Association: None

OK.....I'm in!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Fly in early Friday...prolly visit the Ford museum before I pick up Grassquatch and head over to Whitmore Lake (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 10 2004, 06:51 AM
Post #31

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 10 2004, 04:38 AM)
OK.....I'm in!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Fly in early Friday...prolly visit the Ford museum before I pick up Grassquatch and head over to Whitmore Lake (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

This is cool! Look for me and Sandy on Friday night! No kids this time... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) I.O.U. a beer I think!
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jul 10 2004, 08:08 AM
Post #32

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346

Jim,
Nice car, I like silver.

Just a thought for out of town people comming to the meet. Ann Arbor is the closest large City & a large College town (U of M). If you want something a little better for the family, like Bed & Breakfast, etc. put a web search in under "Ann Arbor Convention and Visitor Bureau". Lots of good stuff to check out. Also, about 45 minutes away is Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI.

Tom
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jul 10 2004, 08:16 AM
Post #33

Looks like lots of folks are coming in from out of town friday. We're looking into planning some informal get-togethers for dinner friday and saturday and for breakfast sunday. Ed, your idea about visiting the Henry Ford Museum is terrific. It's only about 10-15 minutes from the airport. There is also an IMAX theater there that is currently showing the IMAX NASCAR movie. I'm sure you don't have to be a NASCAR fan to enjoy that. ALL the IMAX movies are spectacular. Also, located adjacent to the HF Museum is Greenfield Village. Step back in time and sample a bit of early Americana there. The Wright Bros. Cycle Shop is there as is Thomas Edison's Menlo Park Laboratory, where the electric light bulb was invented. Here's a link to the website. You can check there for movie times and museum and village hours of operation. The event co-organizers are meeting tomorrow morning to plan some stuff to do for friday and saturday evening and sunday morning. Stay posted here and in the MWC forum for details.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jul 10 2004, 08:23 AM
Post #34

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346

SMOG Guys/Gals & Out of Towner's.

Need some input from everyone regarding Friday night Aug. 6th. I have a large room reserved at the Motel & wondering if everyone wants to meet there for, conversation, beer/wine, mini-swap meet, literature collection & just general bull session?? I am willing to bring lots of literature stuff of mine along with lots of other 914 stuff for viewing, etc. I Think Hawk & maybe some others have rooms reserved. We could have a motel room smorgasbord of 914 stuff prior to the main event next day.

Any Suggestions????

Tom
P.S.
Potter is invited, I have a bottle of California "Two Buck Charlie Wine" for him.
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jul 10 2004, 08:26 AM
Post #35

Just a warning:
If you're looking to stay overnight anywhere the weekend of the event, book a room ASAP. There is a national plumbers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif) convention (I bet you didn't know we had a plumber smilie) in Ann Arbor that weekend and everythings booking up. Remember, there is a block of rooms reserved for us (at a discount rate) at the Best Western in Whitmore Lake, adjacent to the event. I don't know how many rooms they have left, though. Call (734) 449- 2058 for reservations.

EXACTLY 4 WEEKS TO GO (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post Jul 10 2004, 08:32 PM
Post #36

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'm in! Plane/hotel reservations made. My wife and I will be at the airport at 4:00 p.m. Friday.
+Quote Post
Hawk
post Jul 10 2004, 09:02 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 57

Great news that all of you are flying in. It sounds like there is a quorum developing and we might all meet at the Best Western site of the event Friday evening and go to a local place for dinner, drinks and p-car chat. How about those of you driving in? What time would work for most to get together Friday evening?
-hawk (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post Jul 10 2004, 09:08 PM
Post #38

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I could be settled into the hotel and ready to eat around 6-ish.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 10 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #39

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Hawk @ Jul 10 2004, 07:02 PM)
Great news that all of you are flying in. It sounds like there is a quorum developing and we might all meet at the Best Western site of the event Friday evening and go to a local place for dinner, drinks and p-car chat. How about those of you driving in? What time would work for most to get together Friday evening?
-hawk   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

The wife and I took Friday off work But I'm going to be out of town Monday through Thursday for work. I hope the car is ready to go cause I have no late night window to fix last minute things. We will need to check the Ferry schedule before I can give an approx. ETA. I was speaking with a friend earlier today and he suggested we make a reservation for the ferry. He stated this time of year they may be full. I'll know more next week.

BTW: Registration is paid.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jul 11 2004, 12:24 PM
Post #40

There are directions to the event from Detroit Metro Airport now available in the MWC forum along with an extended 3 day schedule of events to keep you "out-of-towners" out of trouble (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
Lookie here!!
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:02 PM