Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alright, lets get the chatter going for the
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
rick 918-S
It's time to start the chatter and the rumble about this thing. All you guy's and gals on the fence what's the hold up. Dust off the project and get down to it.

How many of you West Coast guy's and gal's thought about attending?

How about the East Coast?

Going or not, Don't be shy, pipe it and say something about an Club Event that's sweeping across the country!
GaroldShaffer
We won't be back from the vacation with my wifes family, 12 people in a "cabin" somewhere in Michigan. Trying to convince her that I could sneak away for a day and attend, that didn't fly very well sad.gif

Trust me I would rather be there with all you.

-Garold
Qarl
I'm coming!

cool.gif
aircooledboy
I'm going, bringing my oldest daughter (9)who is so excited she can't wait. More importantly I am flying out to GA on July 29 to almost certainly buy an awsome new teener in time for the big bash. mueba.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif w00t.gif monkeydance.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jul 8 2004, 12:16 PM)
We won't be back from the vacation with my wifes family, 12 people in a "cabin" somewhere in Michigan. Trying to convince her that I could sneak away for a day and attend, that didn't fly very well sad.gif

Trust me I would rather be there with all you.

-Garold

I feel for you man... huh.gif Been there.. laugh.gif We'll miss ya.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Jul 8 2004, 01:03 PM)
I'm going, bringing my oldest daughter (9)who is so excited she can't wait. More importantly I am flying out to GA on July 29 to almost certainly buy an awsome new teener in time for the big bash. mueba.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif w00t.gif monkeydance.gif

Dude you rock!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jul 8 2004, 12:39 PM)
I'm coming!

cool.gif

Imachappy should meet you there. You guys could cruise back to Mlps. together. He may still have a turbo issue though.
914rick
Rick,
My son, Rick Jr. and I will be there. I just want to know how many "Rick"s will be there? wacko.gif I am looking forward to the Friday night before the event. See you there.
Jake Raby
trying my bEST to slide it in the schedule..... Will have to fly in no doubt- no time to drive..
ejm
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Jul 8 2004, 12:03 PM)

I'm thinking about coming... idea.gif
Does anyone need a co-pilot for the trip to Hell? driving.gif
jim912928
well...if I can get the front suspension on (doing a 5-lug...waiting for parts) and get the interior in (totally stripped)..then I should be good to go!

Anybody passing through south bend IN?
914rick
Jake,
That's great. Hell, fly first class and write it off as a sevice call (1000 mile check up) for my engine rolleyes.gif . It would be nice to meet you face to face. I hope that you can make it.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 8 2004, 06:10 PM)

Now this is coooool! Hi Ed! Hope you can make it! Curvie Roadlover posted that there should be some open seats.

OK Mid Westers, We need a guarenteed seat for Ed, Jake, And Quarl.

Who's running solo?
Hawk
We should have some extra pilot-less cars. I know of 2 more prospects. driving-girl.gif
I just gave mine to a major $$$ sponsor for the day. Maybe we could get some bidding going here? jester.gif
Gint
Well... as I reported in the MWC forum earlier today:

My wife just informed me that her work responsibilities (lots of travel during August/Sept/Oct) will impact our standard Sept/Oct vacation (sans kiddies).    As in, "not this year".  "Would you be upset?" she asked.  "Why, hell yes!"    ;)

But that means that week of vacation I've been saving doesn't need to be saved anymore.

So I'm on the fence at this point. We're looking into flights/finances. I should know in a few days. Of course the teener won't be anywhere near ready by then, but huh.gif big deal. It's never stopped me before.

I should know for sure in a week or so.
GaroldShaffer
I feel for you man...  Been there..  I can tell ya one thing. I know you'll be tossing and turning all night the evening before the event..  We'll miss ya.

Well don't count me out just yet, there might be a light at the end of the tunnel smile.gif I was just told that we might come home a few days early. Not sure why, but I don't care wink.gif Hey jim912928, if I can make it and your car is not ready yet I could swing by and pcik you on the way.

driving.gif
Curvie Roadlover
This is great to hear that so many people from around the country will be attending. YOU GUYS ROCK!!! aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
Can you feel it? smile.gif The swell has started. burnout.gif
BS Chairman
Guys,
As of this evening there was talk of a whole 914 with out driver or co-pilot! This going to be the biggest happening of the year for 914's. Just think for $15.00 before 7/24/04 you get event shirt, event mug, and a bag full of good stuff. But, the best part is all of the 914's. Which in it's self is worth the trip!! Rooms are very limited so call and reserve yours now.
BS Chairman event co-chairperson smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 8 2004, 07:04 PM)
Well... as I reported in the MWC forum earlier today:

My wife just informed me that her work responsibilities (lots of travel during August/Sept/Oct) will impact our standard Sept/Oct vacation (sans kiddies).    As in, "not this year".  "Would you be upset?" she asked.  "Why, hell yes!"    wink.gif

But that means that week of vacation I've been saving doesn't need to be saved anymore.

So I'm on the fence at this point. We're looking into flights/finances. I should know in a few days. Of course the teener won't be anywhere near ready by then, but huh.gif big deal. It's never stopped me before.

I should know for sure in a week or so.

What ever happened to that 914 limo. Were going to need it smilie_pokal.gif
jim912928
Garold, I'm going to push hard to get it roadworthy (body is done, new suspension going in as we speak, interior is still out but I have most of the pieces I need). Engine is about as dirty as you can imagine after spending 4 months in a body shop and multiple years before that sitting outside in so cal desert. I replaced all the fuel/vacuum lines to get it running and planned on pulling it after I got all the body work done for the ultimate clean...but...I might just have to run it for awhile with a dirty engine! Here is a pic of my car when I pulled it into the driveway from the body shop. I'm putting boxster rims on it all around and found a great set of Konig seats for the inside!

If it's together..maybe we can caravan?
rick 918-S
Damn Jim! That car looks nice!
jim912928
Thanks Rich...it's been a labor of love I started last september. I'm on the home stretch and progress is crawling!
Part Pricer
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 8 2004, 09:10 PM)

Ed,

Are you flying into Detroit? It seems that would be the most logical airport. I was then wondering how to get from Detroit to Hell. (I know, once you get to Detroit you are in Hell.)
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Jul 9 2004, 09:13 AM)
Ed,

Are you flying into Detroit? It seems that would be the most logical airport. I was then wondering how to get from Detroit to Hell. (I know, once you get to Detroit you are in Hell.)

OUCH!
The event is in Whitmore Lake, MI. The fun run leaves from there and goes to Hell from there devil.gif. Get on I-94 (runs right next to the airport) west to US-23 North. Probably less than a 30 minute drive. Check the maps on the MWC forum post. It's about as uncomplicated a route from the airport as you could hope for.
GaroldShaffer
Jim, if your car is ready buy then, maybe I will come and ride withyou. w00t.gif Very nice car you have. smilie_pokal.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jul 9 2004, 01:38 PM)
w00t.gif Very nice car you have. smilie_pokal.gif

Indeed. I like the silver rocker covers!! clap56.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jul 9 2004, 05:40 AM)
Thanks Rich...it's been a labor of love I started last september. I'm on the home stretch and progress is crawling!

Remember there is 24 hrs. in a day! lol2.gif Anyone close to Jim get over and lend a hand! smash.gif That car needs to be at the MWC! smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
OK who's next! smash.gif We need more photo's of cars that are close to making the event! sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

And Who's coming solo? We need some extra seats just incase ejm (Ed ) and Jake can make it.

Hey I can't help it I'm rev'ed up! boldblue.gif finger.gif
ejm
OK.....I'm in!! biggrin.gif
Fly in early Friday...prolly visit the Ford museum before I pick up Grassquatch and head over to Whitmore Lake cool.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 10 2004, 04:38 AM)
OK.....I'm in!! biggrin.gif
Fly in early Friday...prolly visit the Ford museum before I pick up Grassquatch and head over to Whitmore Lake cool.gif

This is cool! Look for me and Sandy on Friday night! No kids this time... beerchug.gif I.O.U. a beer I think!
TJB/914
Jim,
Nice car, I like silver.

Just a thought for out of town people comming to the meet. Ann Arbor is the closest large City & a large College town (U of M). If you want something a little better for the family, like Bed & Breakfast, etc. put a web search in under "Ann Arbor Convention and Visitor Bureau". Lots of good stuff to check out. Also, about 45 minutes away is Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI.

Tom
Curvie Roadlover
Looks like lots of folks are coming in from out of town friday. We're looking into planning some informal get-togethers for dinner friday and saturday and for breakfast sunday. Ed, your idea about visiting the Henry Ford Museum is terrific. It's only about 10-15 minutes from the airport. There is also an IMAX theater there that is currently showing the IMAX NASCAR movie. I'm sure you don't have to be a NASCAR fan to enjoy that. ALL the IMAX movies are spectacular. Also, located adjacent to the HF Museum is Greenfield Village. Step back in time and sample a bit of early Americana there. The Wright Bros. Cycle Shop is there as is Thomas Edison's Menlo Park Laboratory, where the electric light bulb was invented. Here's a link to the website. You can check there for movie times and museum and village hours of operation. The event co-organizers are meeting tomorrow morning to plan some stuff to do for friday and saturday evening and sunday morning. Stay posted here and in the MWC forum for details.
TJB/914
SMOG Guys/Gals & Out of Towner's.

Need some input from everyone regarding Friday night Aug. 6th. I have a large room reserved at the Motel & wondering if everyone wants to meet there for, conversation, beer/wine, mini-swap meet, literature collection & just general bull session?? I am willing to bring lots of literature stuff of mine along with lots of other 914 stuff for viewing, etc. I Think Hawk & maybe some others have rooms reserved. We could have a motel room smorgasbord of 914 stuff prior to the main event next day.

Any Suggestions????

Tom
P.S.
Potter is invited, I have a bottle of California "Two Buck Charlie Wine" for him.
Curvie Roadlover
Just a warning:
If you're looking to stay overnight anywhere the weekend of the event, book a room ASAP. There is a national plumbers bootyshake.gif convention (I bet you didn't know we had a plumber smilie) in Ann Arbor that weekend and everythings booking up. Remember, there is a block of rooms reserved for us (at a discount rate) at the Best Western in Whitmore Lake, adjacent to the event. I don't know how many rooms they have left, though. Call (734) 449- 2058 for reservations.

EXACTLY 4 WEEKS TO GO boldblue.gif
Gint
I'm in! Plane/hotel reservations made. My wife and I will be at the airport at 4:00 p.m. Friday.
Hawk
Great news that all of you are flying in. It sounds like there is a quorum developing and we might all meet at the Best Western site of the event Friday evening and go to a local place for dinner, drinks and p-car chat. How about those of you driving in? What time would work for most to get together Friday evening?
-hawk beerchug.gif
Gint
I could be settled into the hotel and ready to eat around 6-ish.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Hawk @ Jul 10 2004, 07:02 PM)
Great news that all of you are flying in. It sounds like there is a quorum developing and we might all meet at the Best Western site of the event Friday evening and go to a local place for dinner, drinks and p-car chat. How about those of you driving in? What time would work for most to get together Friday evening?
-hawk   beerchug.gif

The wife and I took Friday off work But I'm going to be out of town Monday through Thursday for work. I hope the car is ready to go cause I have no late night window to fix last minute things. We will need to check the Ferry schedule before I can give an approx. ETA. I was speaking with a friend earlier today and he suggested we make a reservation for the ferry. He stated this time of year they may be full. I'll know more next week.

BTW: Registration is paid.... happy11.gif
Curvie Roadlover
There are directions to the event from Detroit Metro Airport now available in the MWC forum along with an extended 3 day schedule of events to keep you "out-of-towners" out of trouble drunk.gif
Lookie here!!
ArtechnikA
Okay - PA/NJ people - my current plan is to depart Friday morning, Aug 6 and return on Sunday, August 8.

anybody want to come along? i would not say no to a gasoline contribution but i'm planning the trip regardless. it doesn't get any cheaper than this ... it's just a touch over 8 hrs so you can probably get a bit of 911 'stick time' if you want, but you don't have to if you don't...
jim912928
Ok..worked on the "arctic silver" teener all weekend. Rear suspension is done less brakes (I need to put in spacers..and waiting for new rotors and pins). I did have to put the "boxster" rims on and lower the car just to see how it would look!
jim912928
Ok..here is the "test fit" of the boxster rims (rears are 7X16 with 40mm offset....don't they look better then those empi's up front!
jim912928
Ok...had to test fit the new seats also (well...new old seats). Also got the windows adjusted and the door panels on (camera went dead after the seat shot).

I'm bound and determined to get this thing ready for the event!
rick 918-S
rocking nana.gif monkeydance.gif monkeydance.gif rocking nana.gif
BS Chairman
agree.gif
jim912928
Just registered and made my hotel reservations....now I either really have to buckle down and get this car put back together or drive either the tail dragger or the water-cooler!

Anybody that might be driving via the Indiana toll road (80/90)..to 69...to 94 that might want to hook up at South Bend IN let me know. Might be wise to travel in a pack since I'll just be getting this car put together!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jul 12 2004, 05:44 AM)
Just registered and made my hotel reservations....now I either really have to buckle down and get this car put back together or drive either the tail dragger or the water-cooler!

Anybody that might be driving via the Indiana toll road (80/90)..to 69...to 94 that might want to hook up at South Bend IN let me know. Might be wise to travel in a pack since I'll just be getting this car put together!

The numbers are creeping up! monkeydance.gif rocking nana.gif burnout.gif
Curvie Roadlover
About 25 people have signed up so far and the event is over 3 weeks away. I have figured from the beginning that most people will register upon arrival. If that's true, this is gonna be a really big event. I even heard that there may be some celebrities there. Tony Dow has made some inquiries, as has Alice the maid from the Brady Bunch. Leif Garrett says he has a co-pilot seat avaliable if anyone wants to ride with him blink.gif
Hawk
What about the BEAV? Isnt he coming with Eddie Haskel in a blown /6 beer3.gif ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.