Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alright, lets get the chatter going for the
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ejm
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Jul 12 2004, 02:24 PM)
Leif Garrett says he has a co-pilot seat avaliable if anyone wants to ride with him blink.gif

no way...I'm riding with Ice-T wacko.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Studyin' for the tech quiz! biggrin.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Gettin' ready to shine up the targa top
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jul 12 2004, 05:44 AM)
Just registered and made my hotel reservations....now I either really have to buckle down and get this car put back together

Dido! Reservations are made! I've been driving my car on short day trips and working out some of the bugs. I should be ready to go! driving-girl.gif driving.gif About 14 hrs. one way.

Who's still on the fence? Lets do this thing! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif Can you say Road Trip!
Curvie Roadlover
P.L. Newman? Could be........ idea.gif
ejm
Later that day...
Curvie...is that you down front? smile.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Can't be me. Too much hair on top lol2.gif
BS Chairman
agree.gif Way too much on top!
GaroldShaffer
Anybody that might be driving via the Indiana toll road (80/90)..to 69...to 94 that might want to hook up at South Bend IN let me know. Might be wise to travel in a pack since I'll just be getting this car put together!

Are you going up on Friday night?
jim912928
Garold,

Yes I'm going up on friday..just not sure what time yet. I'm flexible and can leave anytime during the day.
robby750
I am planning on coming but it will all depend on whether I can line up babysitters for my little ones. Will be bringing the wife if we go. I plan on leaving Friday morning and probably will not pre-register because I won't know if we can make it till about a week before the event. Can anyone tell me if finding a room will be a problem? Or some phone number of close hotels?
Curvie Roadlover
Robby, There's a motel at the location of the event that has rooms reserved for us at a discount. Otherwise rooms are tight due to a national plumbers convention in the area. Book early. Look here on the first post for motel information and watch out for the plumbers bootyshake.gif
GaroldShaffer
I'm not longer on the fence.......... I'M IN smilie_pokal.gif party.gif

Just got the offical "quit bitchen and go" from the wife wub.gif grouphug.gif

I am going to book my room first thing in the morning.
Jim looks like we got ourselves a convoy. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I will have a open seat for anyone that needs a ride.

O'h and the best news of all, my two week vacation with the wifes family is now only one week clap56.gif
with a week home to complete the honey do list she has for me unsure.gif wacko.gif slap.gif spank.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jul 13 2004, 08:23 PM)
I'm not longer on the fence.......... I'M IN smilie_pokal.gif party.gif

Just got the offical "quit bitchen and go" from the wife wub.gif grouphug.gif

I am going to book my room first thing in the morning.
Jim looks like we got ourselves a convoy. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I will have a open seat for anyone that needs a ride.

O'h and the best news of all, my two week vacation with the wifes family is now only one week clap56.gif
with a week home to complete the honey do list she has for me unsure.gif wacko.gif slap.gif spank.gif

monkeydance.gif rocking nana.gif wavey.gif mueba.gif driving.gif
Curvie Roadlover
mueba.gif monkeydance.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif
TJB/914
Robby, Garold, Rich & others.
If you guys have trouble getting a room, remember I have a room reserved w/double beds. Anyone can stay. We can make it a community flop house.
I plan to display a collection of literature & misc. 914 junk along with the beer & peanuts. Just a place to hang out.
Just move the Saratoga top, GT Steel Flares, 16" Fuchs & other car parts off the bed.

Tom
P.S.
I live 15 minutes from there, so I don't have to suffer.
GaroldShaffer
I just booked my room. If anyone has a problem getting a room I have one with a extra bed.
ArtechnikA
Tom. Garold - thanks for the generous offer. i hope i won't have to take you up on it but i'll let you know by Friday ,,,
rick 918-S
One by one the numbers are climbing! If your anywhere close to driving distance you have to make this event. What are you going to do sit at the terminal and dream sad.gif or come out and meet some people! biggrin.gif

Who's left on the fence? confused24.gif

Maybe the club can help you finish up the little things that are keeping you from attending. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif rocking nana.gif
ArtechnikA
i'm in , and i've offered free transportation to any one (literally - one...) who can get to my house in SEPA on the Friday before ... donno quite how much more i can do ... oh yeah - i'm working on a door prize, but i won't commit on that until i know i can complete it in time...
TJB/914
Rich Herzog,
Glad your comming. Looking forward to the PA connection.
Is it true?? Heard your door prize might be a "Bobble Head Doll" of Brad Roberts or Jeff Bowsley. I hope I win that one.
Tom
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 14 2004, 01:54 PM)
Is it true?? Heard your door prize might be a "Bobble Head Doll" of Brad Roberts or Jeff Bowsley.

i am 100% certain this is not true...

and i am only 90% certain i can attend - since we have just one car running my attendance will depend on my wife being able to avoid all weekend - and since she is having to cover a lot of summer call-outs, that's a bit iffy.

and i'm only 70% certain i'll have a door prize - i'm really backed up with dayjob stuff and the Regional PCA stuff i'm committed to. to say nothing of the stuff i should be doing to the car before i take off - but we will do what we can ...

i've already had a probably day-job complication that may have me delaying my departure until noonish Friday, rather than the morning departure i was hoping for. 600 mi, at least one fuel stop, and Valentine V-1 or no, there's a limit to how fast i'll want to push...
Eric_Shea
I'm looking to stop by Saturday. I'll be in MI vacationing with my family (Eaton Rapids, just north). Still haven't told the wife that we'll be attending a car event biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jul 14 2004, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 14 2004, 01:54 PM)
Is it true?? Heard your door prize might be a "Bobble Head Doll" of Brad Roberts or Jeff Bowsley.

i am 100% certain this is not true...

and i am only 90% certain i can attend - since we have just one car running my attendance will depend on my wife being able to avoid all weekend - and since she is having to cover a lot of summer call-outs, that's a bit iffy.

and i'm only 70% certain i'll have a door prize - i'm really backed up with dayjob stuff and the Regional PCA stuff i'm committed to. to say nothing of the stuff i should be doing to the car before i take off - but we will do what we can ...

i've already had a probably day-job complication that may have me delaying my departure until noonish Friday, rather than the morning departure i was hoping for. 600 mi, at least one fuel stop, and Valentine V-1 or no, there's a limit to how fast i'll want to push...

This is really cooool! Wrenches flying, phones ringing, and stories spinning. All to make a great event and meet some great people! Remember, 24 hrs in a day! smash.gif coffee.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 14 2004, 02:26 PM)
I'm looking to stop by Saturday.  I'll be in MI vacationing with my family (Eaton Rapids, just north).  Still haven't told the wife that we'll be attending a car event  biggrin.gif

LMAO! lol2.gif Hey Honey! confused24.gif I must have the map upside down! But look! idea.gif We must have stumbled on the Mid West 914 Classic! happy11.gif

I'm proud of you son! smilie_pokal.gif
Curvie Roadlover
You'll be so close you'll be able to smell the 914's from Eaton Rapids. The yellow shows some of the route of the "Fun Run Straight To Hell"
ejm
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Jul 14 2004, 07:16 PM)
The yellow shows some of the route of the "Fun Run Straight To Hell"

That looks like the twisty way to Hell IMO happy11.gif burnout.gif driving.gif
Curvie Roadlover
It's actually the twisty way out of Hell in fact. At least it is with the way our route is planned.
Eric_Shea
Anybody have an extra car or an extra seat?

I'm not driving to Hell in my parents mini-van... I'M ALREADY THERE! w00t.gif
Eric_Shea
I told my wife BTW...

She's in Brasil right now so I figured "over-the-phone" would be safer. She may actually tag along but has concerns about an all-dayer with a 4 year old and a 9 month old.

Do you guys have a daycare set up on site? laugh.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Eric, I'm sure there'll be co-pilot seats available. clap56.gif driving.gif
Qarl
I am coming. I will need a copilot seat with somebody for the fun runs....
GaroldShaffer
I have a open seat.
seanery
Looks like I'll be in the Hemi...6 co-pilots seats available...air conditioning included biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
BS Chairman
Seanery,
It was my understanding that all 914s came from the factory with air. Top that comes off and windows that roll down, now that air conditioning! Oh yes, another seat has open up for a co-pilot. Looks like things are sure coming together. driving.gif
aircooledboy
Rooms still available. Just reserved a room for daughter & I. monkeydance.gif

I'm soooo ex-hi-ted w00t.gif

Oh, BTW, hint on the new ride: it is very unlikely that Rich will have the only ass kickin' 8 at the show happy11.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Jul 18 2004, 07:02 PM)
Rooms still available. Just reserved a room for daughter & I. monkeydance.gif

I'm soooo ex-hi-ted w00t.gif

Oh, BTW, hint on the new ride: it is very unlikely that Rich will have the only ass kickin' 8 at the show happy11.gif

huh.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Yeah, I think Seanery's drivin' his ass kickin' V8 too biggrin.gif
BS Chairman
monkeydance.gif Do we make a class just for them jester.gif smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
woohooo, make me a class! Or make me classy, either way I don't care! smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
Hey aircooledboy you going up Friday? You have to go right past my house on the way care to do a little caravan up there. Jim912928 is in Southbend maybe we could work out the logistics and follow each other up. I can leave anytime that Friday, I'm on vacation smilie_pokal.gif

Maybe Mr Hemi (aka Seanery) could join us? What do you guys think?
aircooledboy
I would love to do that Garold. boldblue.gif Yes, I do plan to go friday.

I still have a couple pesky little issues at work that are making my departure time a bit hazy, but I would sure like to get past the chicago/gary area trainwreck before mid afternoon. I've gotten boned there there for hours many times. mad.gif

Any thoughts about a good time to get through there?
seanery
Our roadtripping canadian friend may fly in to indy. If so, we can't leave until 5ish.
GaroldShaffer
Chris your hosed no matter which way you go. The Skyway is a cluster, I think you are better taking 94. We could catch the toll road in Portage and hook up with Jim(912928) in South Bend and go from there.

On a Friday you would want to be past the ILL/IN border by 3:30 at the latest. Its about 3 hrs ish from Portage to the hotel.

Sean, leaving Indy at 5ish would put you at 69 & 80/90 at what, 6:30ish??? Or are you going I65 to 94?

You know he could always fly in to South Bend and we could pick him up there? Is his son coming also?
seanery
dunno for sure. maybe he'll chime in.
GWN7
Son has a job this year (making big bucks working for the school board), so it's a solo North pole act this year. Which means my expenses of not paying for food for him will be way down. biggrin.gif

I'll know next week if I'm coming, still can't find anyone to work for me yet. It's a weekend in the summer, who wants to work on those. wacko.gif

I just checked NW, no flights into Southbend, but there is into Kalamazoo (arrive at about 7pm)
Bill Shaw
Bruce, if you need a ride from Kalamazoo to the Classic, let me know, eh. I'm about 15 minutes from the airport and have room for a co-pilot.
BS Chairman
Bruce,
Lets see, last I checked, NW still lands at DTW. From there, at the most, it's 35 to 40 minutes to the motel. Just a thought. rolleyes.gif
GWN7
Yes I know about DTW. biggrin.gif If I remember the airport is in the SE part of the city and it would take an hour to get across the city. (I sold fishing tackle in that area one year).

I mentioned Kalamazoo to possibly hook up with Sean or Garold as they were on the way up. (Thanks Bill for the offer)

It's not where or how to get there, it's If I can find someone to work for me. Flights that connect leave here at 6am, 7am, 11am and 3pm. As I work till 8am the first two are out and the 3pm would get me there at 10pm. So it's the 11am If I can find someone to work the Friday night.

If I can get Thursday and Friday off I'll drive down. I don't have to be back here till Wens of the next week.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jul 20 2004, 10:33 PM)
Yes I know about DTW.  :D   If I remember the airport is in the SE part of the city and it would take an hour to get across the city. (I sold fishing tackle in that area one year).

DTW is out of town to the west of Detroit. From there the event is further west then north a bit. 30-35 minutes to the event from DTW. No city driving, all expressway
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.