Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New or Old cars - how do you decide?, 914 owners are in a unique position
okieflyr
post Aug 23 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #21

9fauxteen

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,426
Region Association: North East States

I like the older stuff because it has soul and character. I hear you when you say you'd like something to work on, but I also hear you longing for something with a/c.

The newer model (Boxster?)can be alot of fun with the elements of what you have now. and with comforts that are not unreasonable for a daily driver on occaision. I think what you'll miss is the soul of your 914 or 912 after awhile ( a year or two).

Can you keep the 914 and play with both?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dion9146
post Aug 24 2011, 05:03 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 2,071
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(okieflyr @ Aug 23 2011, 11:51 PM) *

Can you keep the 914 and play with both?

Garage space......
+Quote Post
JawjaPorsche
post Aug 24 2011, 05:27 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,351
Region Association: South East States

In addition to my teener which is not a DD, I have two Troopers with over 250K miles. You can halfway figure out what is wrong with them without having a degree in electrical engineering. Plus no car payments, low insurance, low tag fees, plus I don't mind if I get a scratch on it!
+Quote Post
dion9146
post Aug 24 2011, 08:15 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 2,071
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I think I have the perfect DD right now for sure. My Jetta tdi still looks and rives like it's a new car. I still get 50 mpg, and she is just getting broken in at 109K on the clock. I had a client get into it just the other day and he asked if the car was new.....I may never sell it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The Honda Pilot on the other hand is starting to disappoint. We bought it for the Honda quality moniker, but I've already replaced the heater control switch, inner tie rods, outers need changed, and the left universal joint is starting to go bad. And, the rear brakes have been giving me issues for the last few months. not the quality I expected.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 11:53 AM