Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cranks now but no spark
Ctrout
post Jul 10 2004, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,091

I fixed the problem of the mess under the pass seat so the car cranks now. I even fixed it so that my seat belt warning light and oil pressure light work. I replaced all of the fuel hoses under the lid because I had a leak. Now I am ready to hear this thing run but I'm getting no spark. Is there a way to figure out if it is the coil without buying a new one? Where would be the best place to start troubleshooting?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jul 10 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

i'd start at the points and work forward; ignition issues are almost always in the low-tension side.

this presumes you have the stock battery-condensor/coil ignition. if you have some kind of electronic stuff, the teachniques are the same but the specifics vary.

are you -certain- you have no spark, as opposed to no injection ?
+Quote Post
Ctrout
post Jul 10 2004, 05:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,091

I'm sure that I'm not getting spark because I pulled the coil wire and watched for spark while cranking, holding the coil wire close to agound. This doesn't mean that I'm getting injection though. I have fuel pressure. The ignition is bone-stock. I think the points may be corroded. I'll try cleaning them up and see if this helps.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 07:57 PM