Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cranks now but no spark
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ctrout
I fixed the problem of the mess under the pass seat so the car cranks now. I even fixed it so that my seat belt warning light and oil pressure light work. I replaced all of the fuel hoses under the lid because I had a leak. Now I am ready to hear this thing run but I'm getting no spark. Is there a way to figure out if it is the coil without buying a new one? Where would be the best place to start troubleshooting?
ArtechnikA
i'd start at the points and work forward; ignition issues are almost always in the low-tension side.

this presumes you have the stock battery-condensor/coil ignition. if you have some kind of electronic stuff, the teachniques are the same but the specifics vary.

are you -certain- you have no spark, as opposed to no injection ?
Ctrout
I'm sure that I'm not getting spark because I pulled the coil wire and watched for spark while cranking, holding the coil wire close to agound. This doesn't mean that I'm getting injection though. I have fuel pressure. The ignition is bone-stock. I think the points may be corroded. I'll try cleaning them up and see if this helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.