Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Correct Map Pocket and Door Pull Color, for tan, brown, cinnamon, etc interiors
poorsche914
post Aug 30 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #1

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

In an attempt to restore my Creamsicle's interior to original, I have a question concerning the color for the lower sections of the map pocket and door pull in cars with an interior color other than black.

I searched through members rides photos (well, 60 pages of it) and of the photos of cars with non-black interior AND showing the door panels I found it was pretty much 50/50. Not knowing if the photos depicted an original interior or a swapped interior, there is really no way for me to know what is the correct combination.

Does anyone know what years used all black and what years used the two-tone units?
More specifically, does anyone know what my LE should have? The correct interior is "tan" (cinnamon? camel?)

Thanks,
steve

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Aug 31 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,727

Steve,
Did you review the photos in the "Nailed" original/refurbished interior thread near the top of this O&H Forum? Page 3 has several photos that may be of help to you.

Paul
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 1 2011, 06:45 AM
Post #3

T4 Supercharged

Paul,

Yes, I went thru around 60 pages of that thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
The photos of Blackstain's LE with cinnamon interior shows what I need.

Of the ones I could actually see the doors, 7 had black and 6 had tan. These were varying years from '72 to '76. No idea to know if they were original or not.

I did contact Johnny Blackstain and he said '73 had the two color style and in '74 they went back to all black. So unless I hear something different, that is what I am going with.

steve
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Sep 1 2011, 09:48 AM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Steve,

For 72, 73 & 74 MY Porsche called our interior color "Beige" with the identifier #31 with basketweave inserts or #32 with Corduroy inserts (I have 31 in my 73 2L) - see pic below that I used to correct PCNA's error on my COA when they called it black, which is #11.

From 72 MY
Attached Image

The fabrics changed for 75-76 & that may be where the carmel, cinnamon, etc. names came from. Also the stitching went to heat seamed on the seat cushion & back inserts, and that may have included part or all of 74 MY for heat seams.
http://www.bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PaintFabrics.htm

They for sure went to all black on the map pockets & pass. armrest lower parts in the 75 & 76 MY, and I think it started sometime earlier in the 74 MY.
My early 73 built in 8/72 still had the color matched (beige) pocket/armrest.

I'd suggest that you PM or email to Jeff Bowlsby off of his 914 CANAM website to confirm, since he's the LE Guru - http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/

If you're sure that those door panels & armrest/map pocket are original to the LE, then it may be a good indicator that it's correct, but unfortunately this much later it's hard to tell in many cases.

Hope this helps some, along with Jeff's confirmation.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 1 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #5

T4 Supercharged

Thanks, Tom. Good idea about contacting Jeff. Think I will do that.

steve

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 12:49 AM