Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: anyone into highpowered airguns?, C02, PCP or springers??
Mueller
post Jul 13 2004, 11:59 AM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Going to my 1st Field Target* meeting this weekend, I'll be totally outclassed with my little $60 .22 pellet gun........I hear some of these guys have pellet guns running pre-compressed air (3000psi from Scuba tanks) that cost close to $3000...ouch !!!!!

metal targets with a "kill zone" that must be hit in order to knock them down
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tod914
post Jul 13 2004, 01:05 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

I use to be along time ago. Man, 3,000 fps. That is some velocity. Some of the single pump/break barrel guns are fairly reasonable from what I recall.
Under $400.00 for a real nice target rifle. Maybe around 1100 - 1300 fps. The Walthers were pretty nice shooters from what I recall. Good luck at the match. Going to the range is always alot of fun.
Still havent shot my Sig 226 which has been collecting dust for the past 2 years (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif). Enjoy!
+Quote Post
airsix
post Jul 13 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #3

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

3000psi , not 3000fps (ie. pressure, not velocity). You can not drive a projectile beyond the speed of sound with compressed air.

Mike, I personally hate springers. The low-cost ones all have awful trigger pull and when they go off they jump around too much because of the big spring being 'let loose'. I used to be able to hit a penny at 25 yards on demand with a good compressed air target rifle (emphasis on "used to"), but I can't hit anything with a cheap springer. (Expensive springers are another story, but I can't spend that kind of money on a pellet gun)

-Ben M.
+Quote Post
maf914
post Jul 13 2004, 01:35 PM
Post #4

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

High-powered-3,000 psi-scuba-powered-super-pellet guns? No...but I do have a Sears Crossman 22 cal CO2-powered pellet rifle gathering dust and rust somewhere. Had it when I was a kid. I wonder how rusty the bore really is?

I was never into high-tech target shooting. Maybe I should grab a couple of scuba tanks (from the scuba diving era) and see how it works. At least an 80 cubic foot scuba tank should last longer than those little CO2 cylinders. But on the other hand a scuba tank is a bitch to carry around out of the water! What do you do, strap it to your back? Or roll it around on a cart? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

There is probably a little more to this than I am aware of. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
airsix
post Jul 13 2004, 01:52 PM
Post #5

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

QUOTE(maf914 @ Jul 13 2004, 11:35 AM)
But on the other hand a scuba tank is a bitch to carry around out of the water! What do you do, strap it to your back? Or roll it around on a cart? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

There is probably a little more to this than I am aware of. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

They just use the scuba tank as a "refill station" for the gun's small internal tank.

-Ben M.
+Quote Post
maf914
post Jul 13 2004, 01:55 PM
Post #6

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

QUOTE(airsix @ Jul 13 2004, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jul 13 2004, 11:35 AM)
But on the other hand a scuba tank is a bitch to carry around out of the water!  What do you do, strap it to your back?  Or roll it around on a cart?   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

There is probably a little more to this than I am aware of.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

They just use the scuba tank as a "refill station" for the gun's small internal tank.

-Ben M.

That's just too simple! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
tod914
post Jul 13 2004, 04:00 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

My bad... I didn't read it correctly - when he said gun, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) fps registered not psi.
+Quote Post
TimT
post Jul 13 2004, 04:05 PM
Post #8

retired

Member No.: 313

Mike Im surprised you havent made you own gun yet, Ive seen some impresive work on some lathe and mill BBS's
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 06:39 PM