Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another Fuel Line Question, Did I get the right stuff?
gskinner
post Jul 13 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,907

Question 1 - I'm in the process of replacing the fuel lines among other things and wanted to verify that I am installing the right type of lines. The old fuel line that I tore out of the engine compartment looked like it had 3 layers - rubber - some type of cloth fibers - and another layer of rubber. The new stuff I purchased looks more like a vacuum hose (cloth over the rubber hose). I asked specifically for high-pressure fuel hose to handle 30 psi and was assured that I was getting the right line. Does this sound right?

Question 2 - can I test my fuel pump by connecting it directly to the battery? If its malfunctioning, how difficult is it to rebuild these things? I see rebuilt units on ebay all the time and was wondering if its worthwhile/possible to try and fix myself.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 09:55 AM