Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who's Labor-ing on their Car today, Happy Labor Day
Rand
post Sep 5 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #41

Cross Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

Got my Momo seats installed. It took a fair amount of seat rail fabrication.

Started getting familiar with my oil bath air filter... I am still trying to convince myself they are great. Also fighting the guy on my other shoulder who says to get rid of that old thing and use a modern filter setup.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 6 2011, 06:20 AM
Post #42

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

I pulled the driver's door panal to fix and or replace the lock and handle mechanism - found out that the inner screw that holds the latch in place some one used was too long and screwed right into the lock mechanism ruining it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
so now i need new key and lock combos - the outside lip that bolts down snapped off so i replaced it with one who's handle is not as nice but will bolt down into place, - no key as i bought it second hand here with no matching key-
Anyone have a key with key mechanisim- matching for both sides?

oh, - after that i polished the outer edge of my rims with mothers' aluminum and mag polish(empi 8 spoke black with polished edges)

then tightened my targa top latches, - would not pull in tight, -

played with the idle setting, - replaced a bad connection on the coil- my tach would just twitch every now and then, car even died once - a bad connector to the coil i think(coil is brand new,)

then sent my son back to college , - took the wife and daughters shopping (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) went for a drive !!!! -

- - did not get the brakes bled out- need that done before the D.E. in 2 weeks- Robeling road- savannah!!!!
+Quote Post
tradisrad
post Sep 6 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 6,815
Region Association: Northern California

I added a CHT gauge. It involved making a new panel for the center console so the 4th gauge would fit. I'll add pics this evening. I drove it and temps were averaging 350 (assuming the gauge is accurate, but after reading @ ratwell.com they gague may not be accurate(his web page won't open this am))
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Loser_Cruiser
post Sep 6 2011, 08:27 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 3,873
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Mainly made a mess but stripped te yellow car and poked around on the new red car.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i302.photobucket.com-3873-1315319272.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Sep 6 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #45

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Big news, I actually worked on my car this weekend...it's a miracle, haha.

I took off ALL the heater parts, exchangers, and muffler...to sell and am all ready for my engine drop this coming weekend. Felt good to actually get out there and take some stuff apart!

Once it's all out, time to clean up the underside of the chassis and get busy prepping for the conversion!
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 6 2011, 10:12 AM
Post #46

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

After making these 2 panels:

Attached Image
It was suggested by another member that I do the dash face also. So I thought why not. The face piece is 3.5" x 48" nominal. So I cut a piece of .032'" aluminum 3.5" x 50" to be trimmed at completion. The jig is relatively simple. I used a 2 x 4 (which is actually 1.5" x 3.5") with some 1x2's attached to the sides to act as a guide. The interuption between the edge guides is to allow for the 3M wheel to hang over the edge of the aluminum sheet. The wheel is a 1" wheel. I'm over lapping 1/2 diameter, hence the 1/2" spacers. So the outside rows get the wheel placed 1/2 over. If you don't you end up with non-finished areas on the edge.

Attached Image

Attached Image
The jig is supported on one end by a 1x2 on the wall and the other end attached to the drill press.

Attached Image

Notice this nut. On the top is a bevel head mch screw which pulls into this and holds the jig in place.

Attached Image

These lines are the 1/2" spacing required for the horizontal rows. Once you complete one row then loosen the screw, relocated the jig to the next line, re-tighten and continue onto the next row.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Next I placed the face piece at the point where the wheel fit 1/2 way over one end then attaced this stop block.

Attached Image

Then I cut up a shit load (appx 100) of 1/2" spacers or gage blocks. These are then added or subtracted, one at a time (depending on the direction you are working) for placing your work piece. If your not exact it will end up looking like crap. Ask me how I know.

Attached Image

Next phase will be "cut and trim to fit". I'll post that in the next few weeks.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Sep 6 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #47

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Washed mine and drove it to the parents house for a BBQ then built the bottom end on the CRX.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 11:25 PM