Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Original 1970 914/6 Value & a '71 914/6 Clone
mtbr_mark
post Sep 21 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,247
Region Association: None

Hi guys. I know this may not technically be the "right" department to post this but I figured since everyone in here is either looking to buy or looking to sell 914s you would be able to help me out. I recently helped a friend finish a 1971 conversion where we put a 2.7 in. This car is complete with 5 lug axles, upgraded Bilstein suspension, the works. I'm looking for some advice though. My friend Chuck just passed away from esophageal cancer at the age of 61. As an avid auto enthusiast he had three Porsches to his name when he passed away; a 2010 Boxster, the 1971 914/6 clone that we built, and then his original 1970 914/6. His wife asked me if I would be willing to help her sell the two 914s so of course I said that I would. My question is this...can you guys give me a ballpark for what to be asking for each? I'll have to dig up some more details for everyone on the original 6 but I do know that he ended up pulling the 2.0 stock six that was in there and replaced it with a 3.0 as well as a very built transmission. So again, just looking for some direction on the value of these cars before we move on too far.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Sep 21 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Mark, best to also post this in the garage forum, since you're still asking for advice & not posting an ad FS yet.

Clarify if the original 2.0L 6 motor is with it - specify if it's the original to the car numbers matching or not, as it makes a big difference in value of original 6's.

Also post pix there when you get a chance.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, and condolences to his widow.

and.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
BKLA
post Sep 21 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #3

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Mark -

Where in oregon are you? There are a number of us here in oregon that would be happy to help you. We can help document (photograph) the cars, help with the adverts and other assistance.

If you are near the north end of the state, Craig at Camp 914 has sold a number of 914's and has another website. Britain, Dr. Gary and Myself are nearby. Jamie is in south willamette valley. Mark (Mikey914) is out west in Hillsboro... and there are a lot of others that I just don;t know as well....

PM me or the others noted and we will try to assist!

Brett
+Quote Post
carr914
post Sep 21 2011, 01:54 PM
Post #4

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Conversions are pretty low right now - good ones between $12-18k

Real Sixes seem to be on the rise $30-50k
+Quote Post
mtbr_mark
post Sep 21 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10,247
Region Association: None

This conversation has taken stronger roots in the Garage. If anyone's interested you can see it HERE
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:09 PM