Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 1970 914/6 Value & a '71 914/6 Clone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mtbr_mark
Hi guys. I know this may not technically be the "right" department to post this but I figured since everyone in here is either looking to buy or looking to sell 914s you would be able to help me out. I recently helped a friend finish a 1971 conversion where we put a 2.7 in. This car is complete with 5 lug axles, upgraded Bilstein suspension, the works. I'm looking for some advice though. My friend Chuck just passed away from esophageal cancer at the age of 61. As an avid auto enthusiast he had three Porsches to his name when he passed away; a 2010 Boxster, the 1971 914/6 clone that we built, and then his original 1970 914/6. His wife asked me if I would be willing to help her sell the two 914s so of course I said that I would. My question is this...can you guys give me a ballpark for what to be asking for each? I'll have to dig up some more details for everyone on the original 6 but I do know that he ended up pulling the 2.0 stock six that was in there and replaced it with a 3.0 as well as a very built transmission. So again, just looking for some direction on the value of these cars before we move on too far.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Tom_T
Mark, best to also post this in the garage forum, since you're still asking for advice & not posting an ad FS yet.

Clarify if the original 2.0L 6 motor is with it - specify if it's the original to the car numbers matching or not, as it makes a big difference in value of original 6's.

Also post pix there when you get a chance.

Sorry for the loss of your friend, and condolences to his widow.

and.... welcome.png
BKLA
Mark -

Where in oregon are you? There are a number of us here in oregon that would be happy to help you. We can help document (photograph) the cars, help with the adverts and other assistance.

If you are near the north end of the state, Craig at Camp 914 has sold a number of 914's and has another website. Britain, Dr. Gary and Myself are nearby. Jamie is in south willamette valley. Mark (Mikey914) is out west in Hillsboro... and there are a lot of others that I just don;t know as well....

PM me or the others noted and we will try to assist!

Brett
carr914
Conversions are pretty low right now - good ones between $12-18k

Real Sixes seem to be on the rise $30-50k
mtbr_mark
This conversation has taken stronger roots in the Garage. If anyone's interested you can see it HERE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.