Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thomas' 2011 Halloween Run, October 30th, SoCal Oktober Run #4 - Lunch at Mt. Baldy
lagunero
post Oct 31 2011, 08:57 AM
Post #141

Donkey Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,531

And cried... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Oct 31 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #142

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Oct 31 2011, 04:03 AM) *

sorry i missed the event,but i went to the highest mountain in germany(2962 m) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Did you walk or drive? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Oct 31 2011, 12:21 PM
Post #143

914 Guru

I got home last night about 7. I put 575 miles on the car and averaged 25MPG. Not bad for a 38 year old carbureted car. There are enough 914's in the So Cal area to make this into a really great yearly event. To those who missed it, we'll see you next year. And maybe by next year Alberto will have an accurate way to determine how much gas he has in the car. We also met up with a 914 owner who hadn't heard of the web site. Hopefully we have another new member. Also, I think there where more wives and girlfriends at this event than the WCR. Thanks to all the gals who braved the twisty roads and drivers who think they are Mario Andretti. LOL
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
914Bryan
post Oct 31 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #144

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,162
Region Association: Southern California

I have some cool video footage courtesy of a GoVideo camera....Any idea how to post?
+Quote Post
eric9144
post Oct 31 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876

QUOTE(914Bryan @ Oct 31 2011, 04:40 PM) *

I have some cool video footage courtesy of a GoVideo camera....Any idea how to post?

Easiest way is to upload to YouTube then embed...
+Quote Post
lagunero
post Oct 31 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #146

Donkey Member

Thank you all for showing, driving and sharing! Also, thanks to those you wanted to but couldn't make it (just like most 914's, it's all about momentum).

THOMAS, it was just like you wanted it to be (even the restaurant put out your umbrellas).

To all who waited...I am sorry. Long story short, Slit's picture of my wife and me says it all.
If it helps, to see the face on the guy that met up with me as we pulled up to all those cars lined along the road...priceless!

Thanks again and see you next year!!
+Quote Post
Black22
post Oct 31 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #147

Member No.: 8,290
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(lagunero @ Oct 31 2011, 06:29 PM) *

Thank you all for showing, driving and sharing! Also, thanks to those you wanted to but couldn't make it (just like most 914's, it's all about momentum).

THOMAS, it was just like you wanted it to be (even the restaurant put out your umbrellas).

To all who waited...I am sorry. Long story short, Slit's picture of my wife and me says it all.
If it helps, to see the face on the guy that met up with me as we pulled up to all those cars lined along the road...priceless!

Thanks again and see you next year!!

Thanks to you Alberto!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) I never had such a great time with my car AND MY WIFE together!!! Before Sunday she considered the Porsche a "GUY" thing and would only cruise with me if I insisted. Thanks to all the ladies that attended and made her feel at home.

That guy you met up with as you were "gassing up", John and his girlfriend Annie, were more than happy they got to meet up with all of us 914ers. He had a nice car too! I told him all about this site and the resources it contains, over our lunch.

Being my first run and that fact that John never encountered this website makes me think that there are more 914's out there running around than we think. I hope to see you all at the next one and even sooner at the next G&R swap meet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
9146FAN
post Oct 31 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #148

Member No.: 2,378

Great ride with great company. My 2.7 really enjoyed the exercise. Thanks to the Donkey Member and his crew for organizing a great event, and of course Thomas!
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Nov 1 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #149

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(9146FAN @ Oct 31 2011, 07:31 PM) *

Great ride with great company. My 2.7 really enjoyed the exercise. Thanks to the Donkey Member and his crew for organizing a great event, and of course Thomas!

This run was great....and real fun, great cars, folks and mix.

Special thanks to Slits for showing up and his intimate knowledge of the rear brake calipers on these cars and sharing the knowledge. Mr. Shea may dispute this.

Wouldn't have made it without his help and all the parts hoarded, traded and sold there.

Special Halloween tip for the next run:

Never let the Grey Ghost follow you and lose your hat! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Inside joke.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Nov 1 2011, 06:46 AM
Post #150

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Member No.: 1,696

QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 31 2011, 11:27 PM) *

QUOTE(9146FAN @ Oct 31 2011, 07:31 PM) *

Special Halloween tip for the next run:

Never let the Grey Ghost follow you and lose your hat! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Inside joke.

Females only ........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Nov 1 2011, 08:30 AM
Post #151

Enrique Allen Mar

Member No.: 9,478

I tried to make it guys, but this last week, the shift linkage setup I have wont let me do Reverse or 5th, and 2nd and 3rd are ridiculously hard to get into.

Stupid car, I'm bummed.
+Quote Post
lagunero
post Nov 1 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #152

Donkey Member

Check out the pictures. Probably find a nice shot of your car. If so, buy yourself one...you won't regret it!

Bergstromsphotography.com

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
914Bryan
post Dec 10 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #153

Member No.: 13,162

QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 30 2011, 03:18 PM) *

QUOTE(914Bryan @ Oct 30 2011, 03:54 PM) *

What a great day!! Beautiful weather, great people and amazing cars!! Mine ran great until the engine started sputtering, the tack bouncing to the moon and back and then it went "BANG" and crapped out....Turns out, the coil slipped from the mounting bracket and must have grounded out against the tin. A little twisting and pushing and I was back in business...Two others stopped to help and what a relief!! Didnt get your names, but many thanks for helping me out!

The lunch was great and the venue was perfect...I am really learning a lot about these cars and really enjoyed listening to everyones conversations about how these cars run and the interesting quirks that we have to overcome...appreciate everyone and their advice...Until next time, take care!!

BOO! I was right behind you and thought I was being shot. When the "Bang" occurred all I saw was a flash of flame and cloud of black smoke. I would have pulled in behind you but you dodged a big rock and I wasn't about to park on it. After that, no place to turn around.

So all in all, a good run. As stated, they all went up and all came down. How come nobody has mention that our fearless organizer ran out of gas. We all parked and waited for a LONG TIME. I hope his wife made him understand the value of preparation ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) Damn I wish Thomas were there ... the conversation would have been hilarious.

Anyway, kudos to Albertos .... he actually drove his car more than 3 miles in 5 years.

The Grey Ghost actually decided it needed to be there and started each time without protest.

For whomever follows me next time, I will fix the oil leak. I will miss the aroma of that ol' Detroit Parfummeeee though.

Attached Image

Well now we know exactly what happened when da' car went BOOM! LOL! I just did an oil change and adjusted the valves. Pulled the entire exhaust off and cut the rusty rattling heater boxes off. Now looking at the exhaust before re-installing and OH S!!T!! Well lookie here...

Time for a new exhaust! OH DARN! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Dec 10 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #154

914 Guru

Just weld it back up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:00 PM