Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thomas' 2011 Halloween Run, October 30th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
lagunero
THANK YOU FOR SUCH A GREAT DAY!!

It's that time again, Thomas' 4th annual Halloween Run will take place on October 30th. This year we'll run the same course (again happy11.gif ).

We meet in Glendora and have lunch at the Mt. Baldy Lodge MtBaldy Buckhorn Lodge.

Run patches will be handed out at the meet or PM me your info if you want them shipped in advanced.

Als914
Proto31
Phatnine11
'73-914kid
914 teener
eric9144 *
jim hoyland
wertygrog
craig downs
Elliot Cannon
76-914
Black22
Slits *
thestigz06
914-300Hemi
Mike D
Twise
RiqueMar
Trojanman
dw914er
shulew3
Type 4 Unleashed
914Bryan
Opa914
Montreal914
Leamon
Silver74insocal
lagunero

*hoping you
can make it

"meeting point is starbucks ,1832 East Route 66 A Glendora, CA 91740 at 9.14 am,from there we drive up glendora mountain road and glendora ridge road to mt.baldy for lunch" Thomas

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=34.17...1=glendora%2Cca
lagunero
Rob, are you running this year?
Als914
This will be a first for me. I,m in.
Will pm you for patch.
proto31
This is always a fun run! Without Thomas telling us that we drive like sissies, we may actually be able to enjoy the view of the gun toting hunters that curse at us as we drive by.

Dan driving.gif
Rotary'14
QUOTE(lagunero @ Sep 23 2011, 09:53 AM) *

Rob, are you running this year?

Hey Alberto,, THANKS for the reminder,, I won't make it this year. sad.gif
But,,, my car should make it next year.
You folks have fun.

-Robert
phatnine11
Looks like the Dawn Patrol won't have to make a run to Mt Baldy. Have you thought about starting at Azusa Canyon to Mt Baldy?
phatnine11
'73-914kid
I'll be there for sure! Short drive from school to boot. See everyone then!
-Ethan
lagunero
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Sep 23 2011, 12:00 PM) *

Looks like the Dawn Patrol won't have to make a run to Mt Baldy. Have you thought about starting at Azusa Canyon to Mt Baldy?
phatnine11

Azuza would be good too. Where did you have in mind?. The starting point was chosen because it's what Thomas started. I don't like Starbucks but couldn't find a Peet's nearby.

Dawn Patrol. Were they at Rancho Carrillo last Sunday? We could meet nearby and caravan up.
914_teener
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 23 2011, 12:15 PM) *

I'll be there for sure! Short drive from school to boot. See everyone then!
-Ethan

I'm in.

Yes we've done the Azusa way up which is a little less twisty.

BTW and not to hijack. Need to know if you guys know someone local who can check my AF ratio and adjust if need be my MPS.

Slits?

Rob.... no...not Rotary Rob!
eric9144
My car may or may not be in one piece around that time...if it's together, I'm in for sure!

Not too sure on the photo of the creative parking job...you might have to spill the story now that you've posted the pic!
lagunero
Less twisty is better but more cyclists? I guessing it will be like last year...less speed more fun.

Rob's Rock
914_teener
QUOTE(lagunero @ Sep 23 2011, 02:06 PM) *

Less twisty is better but more cyclists? I guessing it will be like last year...less speed more fun.

page 3

Actually....I was up GMR last weekend.....LOTS of cyclists and not too many motorcyclists.....39 is for sure less twisty accept as when you get to the top near where GMR joins Mt. Baldy road and there are less cyclists. IMHO.

If we go UP GMR there will be cyclists in the morning around 9:14 going up and down....it is amazing how fast they are going downhill.....some 40 plus MPH.

Gotta set my vent clearance before I go.
jim_hoyland
This is a pretty scenic event. I'm in
wertygrog
In! beerchug.gif
craig downs
I'll be there
Elliot Cannon
So, will this thing start in Azusa or Glendora?
76-914
Great timing. In in, my engine is back in and running smooth as of this AM. poke.gif Sleepy heads. The day is half over by 9. happy11.gif
lagunero
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 25 2011, 12:26 PM) *

So, will this thing start in Azusa or Glendora?

TBA biggrin.gif

glad you're coming!
Black22
I think I'm in...I have to finally meet all you guys. I already know Rotary Rob.
SLITS
Maybe .... I was going to do an engine swap.
Thestigz06
I'll Be local at Irwindale for Hot VW drag days. I will more then likely be bored so i may come meet you guys! beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
Is Irwindale Raceway still there? Last time I was there was 196... umm...5. I think.
phatnine11
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 26 2011, 03:56 PM) *

Is Irwindale Raceway still there? Last time I was there was 196... umm...5. I think.

Elliot, You're thinking of the old drag strip, that's now part of the Miller brewery. The new Irwindale track is down the 605 about 1 mile, they have an oval track and 1/8 drag strip.
Phatnine11
SirAndy

IPB Image

This pic gives me the goose bumps every time i look at it! wacko.gif
raw1298
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 26 2011, 04:08 PM) *

IPB Image

What is the story behind this pic?
SLITS
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Sep 26 2011, 05:21 PM) *

IPB Image

Well, the short story is over-cooked into a turn, hitting the brakes late and sliding out. If it weren't for that big ass boulder it is parked on, Rob would have made a steep descent into a valley with a really bad outcome. To say the least it is my belief he shit his pants though I didn't confirm that.

The car had a Suby conversion and was plenty fast. While his brakes were good, the boulder was much more effective in stopping the forward motion. We tried to pull it off but it wasn't going to happen.

There were about 20+ of us that were real happy with the outcome, but not the destruction of the car and the potential harm he could have come to.
Elliot Cannon
It was a Wankel, you wanker!!
914-300Hemi
I would to make it if I can finish putting the teener together. I had a great time last year.
914_teener
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 26 2011, 06:28 PM) *

IPB Image

Well, the short story is over-cooked into a turn, hitting the brakes late and sliding out. If it weren't for that big ass boulder it is parked on, Rob would have made a steep descent into a valley with a really bad outcome. To say the least it is my belief he shit his pants though I didn't confirm that.

The car had a Suby conversion and was plenty fast. While his brakes were good, the boulder was much more effective in stopping the forward motion. We tried to pull it off but it wasn't going to happen.

There were about 20+ of us that were real happy with the outcome, but not the destruction of the car and the potential harm he could have come to.

It was a "wankel".....old term.....wow Elliot....lol. Oh...that's right your're retired now.

There is a thread on it..

It is a great drive up there and Robert is a great guy. Ron is right....pushed into a corner......
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(914_teener @ Sep 26 2011, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 26 2011, 06:28 PM) *

IPB Image

It was a "wankel".....old term.....wow Elliot....lol. Oh...that's right your're retired now.

There is a thread on it..

It is a great drive up there and Robert is a great guy. Ron is right....pushed into a corner......

But it ryhms with wanker. av-943.gif
SLITS
Senility ... my right to call it whatever I want.
76-914
Is that Joe S. taking a pee in front of that teener? blink.gif
Elliot Cannon
Do we have a starting point for this event yet?
phatnine11
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 28 2011, 10:34 AM) *

Do we have a starting point for this event yet?

Elliot, I think the group should stick with the original plan of Glendora Mountain Road. Just keep an eye out for street Luge (?) riders. 5 years ago I almost took out 2 of them with my 911. These guys like to ride early in the morning.
Phatnine11
Elliot Cannon
Sounds good. I was wondering about where we might all meet befor we drive? I'll email THOMAS and see what he thinks.
"Machete don't text" Great movie!!
lagunero
updated list icon_bump.gif
proto31
Nice, I think I would opt out if we were going to be a caravan of 13 again... Looks like the list is growing!
Mike D.
I'm in! Missed it last year and was bummed...
Twise
Im in - shitty carbs or not. Are we wearing costumes?
76-914
Hey, Al, Ethan, Chris, Brent and other socal's. Any interest in a caravan up to this??
914_teener
QUOTE(Twise @ Oct 4 2011, 04:32 PM) *

Im in - shitty carbs or not. Are we wearing costumes?

Wow...what a novel idea. However there may be enough characters in and of themselves to make up for that.....what an interesting idea.

Me thinks Thomas should weigh in.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 4 2011, 06:25 PM) *

Hey, Al, Ethan, Chris, Brent and other socal's. Any interest in a caravan up to this??

I'm in, even though you didn't mention ME, Kent. dry.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 5 2011, 07:45 AM) *

We have ALL heard that before!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 5 2011, 09:30 AM) *

We have ALL heard that before!

Hahaha, kidding, kidding. I know, I know, I get crap for never making it.
Twise

Yea - that would be nice. I don't know where it is and it would be nice just to follow...

Dude, are you really coming. It would be nice to see you again. How is your car coming along?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Twise @ Oct 5 2011, 02:22 PM) *

Dude, are you really coming. It would be nice to see you again. How is your car coming along?

It's perpetually almost done. I was trying to have it done by Rennsport, but it's just not going to happen. I'll be in the 3.6.

SoCal guys, caravan?
wertygrog
Hey Kent sure, if my car survives the Monterey trip!! beerchug.gif
lagunero
QUOTE(Twise @ Oct 4 2011, 04:32 PM) *
Are we wearing costumes?

idea.gif

I'm a VW dressed as a Porsche first.gif
76-914
You guys want to meet at the 15/215 split. There is an exit there (Murrieta/Hot Springs Rd) w/ several we could meet up at. 0900hr's ???
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 6 2011, 07:38 AM) *

You guys want to meet at the 15/215 split. There is an exit there (Murrieta/Hot Springs Rd) w/ several we could meet up at. 0900hr's ???

You won't make Glendora by 0914 if you meet at 0900 hrs. Your car ain't that fast! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.