Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thomas' 2011 Halloween Run, October 30th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 6 2011, 07:42 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 6 2011, 07:38 AM) *

You guys want to meet at the 15/215 split. There is an exit there (Murrieta/Hot Springs Rd) w/ several we could meet up at. 0900hr's ???

You won't make Glendora by 0914 if you meet at 0900 hrs. Your car ain't that fast! biggrin.gif

Probably more like 8:30? I figure if we say 8:30 and roll out of there by 8:45 we should be set.
76-914

You guys want to meet at the 15/215 split. There is an exit there (Murrieta/Hot Springs Rd) w/ several we could meet up at. 0900hr's ???

You won't make Glendora by 0914 if you meet at 0900 hrs. Your car ain't that fast! biggrin.gif

Good Christ Almighty, I can't even read anymore. I was thinking the GnR roast. Double duh! Rick, that might be cutting it a little close. If there is any hiccup in the traffic we'd be late. How about meet at 0800, leave by 0815? You guy's think we should cut Rick's shirttail off IF (and that's a big if) he finally makes one of these events? happy11.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 6 2011, 01:13 PM) *

Good Christ Almighty, I can't even read anymore. I was thinking the GnR roast. Double duh! Rick, that might be cutting it a little close. If there is any hiccup in the traffic we'd be late. How about meet at 0800, leave by 0815? You guy's think we should cut Rick's shirttail off IF (and that's a big if) he finally makes one of these events? happy11.gif

Hahaha, sure you'll be able to get up that early, oldtimer? slits.gif

8:00 is good for me, I'll be there.
'73-914kid
That should work for me as well
76-914
At this age nothing is guaranteed but I should be able to make it.
TROJANMAN
in signal914.jpg
dw914er
I think I can make it. I'll probably drive my wrx though, if you guys don't mind a different type of flat 4 smile.gif.
Als914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 4 2011, 06:25 PM) *

Hey, Al, Ethan, Chris, Brent and other socal's. Any interest in a caravan up to this??

Hey Kent, Sure. Give me a meet point driving.gif and time and I will be there. I think Lew will be going on this run also?
shulew3
Yep, will be there! Need a pt to meet tho

lew
proto31
QUOTE(shulew3 @ Oct 11 2011, 08:03 AM) *

Yep, will be there! Need a pt to meet tho

lew

Lew!! Hey at least Thomas won't be here to drive your car and spit up rattle snakes in the air after he runs over them... dry.gif

Dan
eric9144
New tires, check!
Fog light rebuild project, check!

Two out of my 3 "things to do" are crossed off my list of things that would keep me from going...

Starting to feel the pressure as there's close to 20 914's so far for this...

Now I need to decide if I'm going to do my big bad brake upgrade before this or wait it out until the holiday months... idea.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Oct 11 2011, 10:04 AM) *

New tires, check!
Fog light rebuild project, check!

Two out of my 3 "things to do" are crossed off my list of things that would keep me from going...

Starting to feel the pressure as there's close to 20 914's so far for this...

Now I need to decide if I'm going to do my big bad brake upgrade before this or wait it out until the holiday months... idea.gif

I'de say stick with your current setup until after this run, and when you switch, test it. You don't want a situation to appear on a brake system you've never ran before.
76-914
agree.gif 100%
76-914
Alright, good to hear Lew is coming too, Al. I was thinking of you when I cleaned/painted/polished my gages. That, in and of itself, is worth what you charge. What a bitch of a job.
OK, Twise, Eric, Enrique, Ethan/Paul?, Brent, Al, Lew and any one else that wants to join up............Lets meet in the Sam's Club parking lot on the corner of IH215 & Murrieta Hot Springs Rd 0800hrs.
If northbound take the 215 split to the right; right at the 1st exit; right on Murrieta Hot Spgs Rd 1/2 block and right at the first light into Sams which will be on your left. Easy exit/entrance back onto the 215.
If southbound on the 15; Exit Murrieta Hot Springs Rd; left on Mur Hot Spgs over the 15 freeway then about 1/2 mile cross over the 215 freeway; right at the first light past the 215 overpass, into Sams.
76-914
QUOTE(dw914er @ Oct 10 2011, 06:22 PM) *

I think I can make it. I'll probably drive my wrx though, if you guys don't mind a different type of flat 4 smile.gif.

poke.gif Wouldn't that be like taking Liberace to a John Wayne Film Festival?
Twise
Sam Club 0800 - got it...
jim_hoyland
Anyone know if there is a parking lot behind or near the Mt Baldy lody ? Last time I was there, parking was a real PITA,,,,,
dw914er
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 11 2011, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Oct 10 2011, 06:22 PM) *

poke.gif Wouldn't that be like taking Liberace to a John Wayne Film Festival?

I've been trying to sort an electrical problem, hence the turbo'd option. I could always take the 914, but there is no telling if I could make it home. sad.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 11 2011, 06:24 PM) *

Anyone know if there is a parking lot behind or near the Mt Baldy lody ? Last time I was there, parking was a real PITA,,,,,

Jim....I agree. Since parking is a real bitch in front of Mt. Baldy lodge...I would respectfully suggest this place.

http://www.mtbaldybuckhornlodge.com/

There is a large parking lot where we can all hang out and park.

Besides all we really want is a beer...and BS.

In any case I think we should defer to Dan since he is a Thomas protoge and has the nicest car.

Good suggestion though since there are a lot of cars going.

You would make a left instead of a right coming down the last hill once we pass the famous "Rob's rock".

The Other Rob
proto31
Thanks for the complements biggrin.gif I've been a little worried as well that the old eating place would be too crowded with all the people we have attending. Let's officially change the lunch location to the Buckhorn Lodge. The only issue I have is that they don't start serving lunch until 11:30, maybe we'll have to sit and BS a little longer at one of our stops along the road smile.gif Glad to see that so many people are attending this year.

Alberto, how are we doing on our patches?

Dan
Elliot Cannon
PATCHES? PATCHES? We done need no esteekin' PATCHES. lol-2.gif
lagunero
Updated. Good call guys.

Patches arrive tomorrow so please send me your address if you'd like.

Elliot, you know you may have to rev it past 3k stirthepot.gif

Mr. Filoso, you coming?
76-914
Hey guy's, I just Googled the meeting place in Glendora and we are 1hr 11min's out. 0800 is cutting it a little too close for my tastes. Changing to 0745hr's. I realize that this might be the straw that breaks Enriques back. happy11.gif Sound off so I'll know that you know.
'73-914kid
roger that. 7:45. Man, does that seem late to you guys? haha
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 12 2011, 10:54 AM) *

Hey guy's, I just Googled the meeting place in Glendora and we are 1hr 11min's out. 0800 is cutting it a little too close for my tastes. Changing to 0745hr's. I realize that this might be the straw that breaks Enriques back. happy11.gif Sound off so I'll know that you know.

I wouldn't worry too much about the time. I don't think anybody minds if we don't get off at precisely 9:14. We hardly ever do anyway confused24.gif laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
"Elliot, you might have to rev it past 3k."

Not if I'm behind Hoyland. driving.gif lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
It looks like the Buckhorn is a great place to stop. Do they know we're coming?
lagunero
Elliot what time are you coming saturday? Richard is actually going to make it.

we have to organize who is leaving from south county...

and yes, for all the bitching Thomas would do about punctuality, this departure time is NOT German precision
Elliot Cannon
I'll be staying in Ontario Saturday. I'll get there around noon (retirement time).
lagunero
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 12 2011, 11:57 AM) *

I'll call today. I just got the OK from Dan.

Lauren is going to join us so we're Red Lantern this time driving-girl.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(lagunero @ Oct 12 2011, 12:04 PM) *

Lauren is riding with you? In your 914? Up to Mt Baldy? She gets my vote for Sainthood. first.gif
Has she even SEEN this picture?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(lagunero @ Oct 12 2011, 12:04 PM) *

Great call on the change to the Buckhorn, I saw that place last time, good parking. I'm sure they will accommodate our group.

How about a group photo there ?
proto31
Elliot/Alberto, Kari is going too... Should be fun. Elliot, I wouldn't drive behind Jim, his #3 spark plug is about to shoot out through his engine lid since it's stripped. Jim, maybe you should take the boxster... smile.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(proto31 @ Oct 12 2011, 01:25 PM) *

Elliot/Alberto, Kari is going too... Should be fun. Elliot, I wouldn't drive behind Jim, his #3 spark plug is about to shoot out through his engine lid since it's stripped. Jim, maybe you should take the boxster... smile.gif

Gee thanks sad.gif

The plug came out this am with ease, no flying spark plugs from this 914. Looking forward to the run.
76-914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Oct 12 2011, 11:39 AM) *

agree.gif You know it is late for the Dawn Patrol. At least we will be reminded of why we take off early.

QUOTE(lagunero @ Oct 12 2011, 12:00 PM) *

and yes, for all the bitching Thomas would do about punctuality, this departure time is NOT German precision

I'm missing him already.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 12 2011, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Oct 12 2011, 11:39 AM) *

agree.gif You know it is late for the Dawn Patrol. At least we will be reminded of why we take off early.

QUOTE(lagunero @ Oct 12 2011, 12:00 PM) *

I'm missing him already.

He'll be back. I give him two years and he'll be begging to come back. happy11.gif lol-2.gif Although the beerchug.gif beer.gif is a lot better over there.
'73-914kid
Well, I guess the traffic will keep everyone honest when it comes to speed....

It's still an awesome drive. I just did it a couple of days ago. Very exciting
T H O M A S
i,ll be back in two years for vacation biggrin.gif ,is that plan in the air jet,i wish everybody a good time at the run and drive save
Als914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 12 2011, 10:54 AM) *

I'm good with 7:45.
dw914er
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Oct 12 2011, 07:02 PM) *

Well, I guess the traffic will keep everyone honest when it comes to speed....

It's still an awesome drive. I just did it a couple of days ago. Very exciting

I don't think anyone is honest with their speed at GMR. driving.gif
lagunero
QUOTE(T H O M A S @ Oct 13 2011, 08:55 AM) *

i,ll be back in two years for vacation biggrin.gif ,is that plan in the air jet,i wish everybody a good time at the run and drive save

Hey, your patches just came in. Black just like you requested. Dumb, like many of your ideas biggrin.gif

btw, just finished replacing the alternator
Elliot Cannon

The plane is almost back in the air. Fabrication work is done and my mechanic is starting to reassemble everything. It will be ready by the time you move back to the states. lol-2.gif
914Bryan
Im in! The run across Glendora Mt Road to Camp Williams and down Azusa Canyon is a must!! Looking forward to meeting everyone! bye1.gif
SLITS
Hi Thomas
Thestigz06
I have gone from going to maybe going, i may be picking up my second teener that day! aktion035.gif
phatnine11
QUOTE(914Bryan @ Oct 13 2011, 11:44 PM) *

Im in! The run across Glendora Mt Road to Camp Williams and down Azusa Canyon is a must!! Looking forward to meeting everyone! bye1.gif

Brian,
The run I believe is from Glendora Canyon to Mt Baldy, the other direction.
Phatnine11
76-914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 13 2011, 10:34 PM) *

The plane is almost back in the air. Fabrication work is done and my mechanic is starting to reassemble everything. It will be ready by the time you move back to the states. lol-2.gif

poke.gif You didn't do another gear up landing did you Elliot? GUMP. Hey, I still have alot of my airframe tools. Let me know if you need help with your "other girlfriend".
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 18 2011, 03:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 13 2011, 10:34 PM) *

poke.gif You didn't do another gear up landing did you Elliot? GUMP. Hey, I still have alot of my airframe tools. Let me know if you need help with your "other girlfriend".

Nothing like that. The first A&P I hired was/is a JERK and has cost me a lot of time and money. I'll be back in the air soon though.
Cheers, Elliot
lagunero
Buckhorn Lodge is set.

We can have a 3 option menu, choose:
1 - Hamburger
2 - Tri Tip Sandwich
3 - Veggie Sandwich/Burger

with a side, drink, tax and gratuity for 12 "bucks" per person.

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(lagunero @ Oct 18 2011, 09:03 PM) *

Buckhorn Lodge is set.

We can have a 3 option menu, choose:
1 - Hamburger
2 - Tri Tip Sandwich
3 - Veggie Sandwich/Burger

with a side, drink, tax and gratuity for 12 "bucks" per person.

Thank you for your tireless efforts to organise this complicated and time consuming trip. I think I can speak for everyone when I say, "Well done". happy11.gif T H O M A S would be proud. yellowsleep[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.