Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NPC: Accident, insurance claim advise, Help me not get screwed!
mikester
post Jul 21 2004, 09:14 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 837

Mike,

Stop playing the victim and Be the victim. You are, stand up for yourself and go after what you think is right.

I think maybe your worried about being an asshole and I don't think you should worry about that - your not an asshole. You got hit by an insured motorist; if there is not question about guilt in the incident then it is his insurance companies responsibility to him to make it right by you. If not , refuse their offer and you take HIM to small claims court for the damages.

They should be providing you with your replacement items or the cash equivilent as well as a check for the value of your bike.

I can relate to your wanting to do what is right, I have a similar situation with my previous employer. They could not or would not provide me with written documentation explaining why I didn't get all my vacation paid out when I left. So, I filed a claim with the labor board. NOW they have the documentation - if they had provided that to me as I was on my way out as I asked then I wouldn't have filed the claim. I don't want what isn't mine, but now it's the principal employees at this company have always had a hard time getting written policy documents that were clear, concise and LEGAL IN CA. So, the only thing I can do is stick to me guns and see what the judge says on 8/5. If I win I get the money I think they owe me plus penalties which amount to a max of 30 days pay. If I loose, I loose - I'm okay with that too I suppose. I feel bad for wasting their time as that is not my intention but they certainly had the opportunity to provide me with the documentation.

Take it easy man.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 21 2004, 10:04 AM
Post #22

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jul 20 2004, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Jul 21 2004, 02:21 AM)
After all, WE are Borg (IMG:style_emoticons/default/alien.gif)  :alien2:

Don't you mean like this...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

Ya! That's the one! LOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 01:37 AM