Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: Pin + Flap on Impeller Housing + Gaskets, the thing that feeds the branch pieces
rwilner
post Sep 26 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #1

No Ghosts in the Machine

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,530
Region Association: North East States

There is a little pin and flap that sits in the impeller fan housing which feeds the heater branch pieces. I have the one on the driver's side, but on the passenger side it's missing.

I also need a pair of gaskets that sit between the impeller housing feed and the branch piece connection (one for each side).

please PM me with price including shipping to 02494

thank you!
Rich
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lrm914
post Sep 26 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,514
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 26 2011, 03:53 PM) *

There is a little pin and flap that sits in the impeller fan housing which feeds the heater branch pieces. I have the one on the driver's side, but on the passenger side it's missing.

I also need a pair of gaskets that sit between the impeller housing feed and the branch piece connection (one for each side).

thank you!
Rich

I'm looking for the same exact pieces,I'm pretty sure they could be purchased at AA or Pelican PArts. I have been told that you could easily fabricate the flaps out of a piece of metal flashing. I think the gasket may be made out of a hard plastic.
you may be able to fabricate that also.

I will let you know if I come across someone who has more than 1 set of these parts.

Larry
+Quote Post
lrm914
post Sep 26 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,514

QUOTE(lrm914 @ Sep 26 2011, 03:59 PM) *

QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 26 2011, 03:53 PM) *

thank you!
Rich

I'm looking for the same exact pieces,I'm pretty sure they could be purchased at AA or Pelican PArts. I have been told that you could easily fabricate the flaps out of a piece of metal flashing. I think the gasket may be made out of a hard plastic.
you may be able to fabricate that also.

I will let you know if I come across someone who has more than 1 set of these parts.

Larry

Forgot to ask...is there a difference between PS and DS? And what is their function

What year is your car any differences year to year?

Thanks,

LArry
+Quote Post
BKLA
post Sep 26 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #4

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
rwilner
post Sep 26 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #5

No Ghosts in the Machine

Not sure if there are differences between ps and ds. Mine is a 73 2.0l.

To be honest I don't even know what purpose they serve since it seems like they would be open whenever the impeller was turning, but the factory must have put them in there for some reason...
+Quote Post
rwilner
post Sep 26 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #6

No Ghosts in the Machine

Not sure if this helps...

Haynes lists the part as "closing flap for air return", part # 33 on the exploded diagram on page 22.
+Quote Post
pilothyer
post Sep 26 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,080

When the heater lever is pulled but not enough to turn on the fan the air is pushed through the heater system by means of the flow of air from the blower housing, when the lever is pulled far enough to run the fan, it's air flow is enough to close the flaps on the blower housing and the fan alone blows air through the heater system at a much higher rate. without the flaps air from the fan would be blown partialy through the system and partially back into the blower housing. You would still have heat but the flow is reduced quite a bit without the flaps.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 26 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #8

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Rich, is this the one? IIRC they were different on L & R???? Anyway let me know and I'll put it out to you manana.

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Sep 26 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #9

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Yes and right flaps are different in size. As are the gaskets and brackets that attach the S branches to the fan housing.

I think the gasket material is a high temp (maybe asbestos originally) material.

AA wants in the $20 range for each. I would use high temp silicone rubber to form your own gasket and save about $45.

Those flaps are very elusive.

Seems like one out of five engines may have them.

I would like to see if a sheet metal shop could make a bunch out of stainless steel.

I have a couple but prefer not to sell them considering how hard they are to find.

The original pins also fall out and get lost.

Bruce

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:31 PM