Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Pin + Flap on Impeller Housing + Gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rwilner
There is a little pin and flap that sits in the impeller fan housing which feeds the heater branch pieces. I have the one on the driver's side, but on the passenger side it's missing.

I also need a pair of gaskets that sit between the impeller housing feed and the branch piece connection (one for each side).

please PM me with price including shipping to 02494

thank you!
Rich
lrm914
QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 26 2011, 03:53 PM) *

There is a little pin and flap that sits in the impeller fan housing which feeds the heater branch pieces. I have the one on the driver's side, but on the passenger side it's missing.

I also need a pair of gaskets that sit between the impeller housing feed and the branch piece connection (one for each side).

thank you!
Rich

I'm looking for the same exact pieces,I'm pretty sure they could be purchased at AA or Pelican PArts. I have been told that you could easily fabricate the flaps out of a piece of metal flashing. I think the gasket may be made out of a hard plastic.
you may be able to fabricate that also.

I will let you know if I come across someone who has more than 1 set of these parts.

Larry
lrm914
QUOTE(lrm914 @ Sep 26 2011, 03:59 PM) *

QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 26 2011, 03:53 PM) *

thank you!
Rich

I'm looking for the same exact pieces,I'm pretty sure they could be purchased at AA or Pelican PArts. I have been told that you could easily fabricate the flaps out of a piece of metal flashing. I think the gasket may be made out of a hard plastic.
you may be able to fabricate that also.

I will let you know if I come across someone who has more than 1 set of these parts.

Larry

Forgot to ask...is there a difference between PS and DS? And what is their function

What year is your car any differences year to year?

Thanks,

LArry
BKLA
popcorn[1].gif
rwilner
Not sure if there are differences between ps and ds. Mine is a 73 2.0l.

To be honest I don't even know what purpose they serve since it seems like they would be open whenever the impeller was turning, but the factory must have put them in there for some reason...
rwilner
Not sure if this helps...

Haynes lists the part as "closing flap for air return", part # 33 on the exploded diagram on page 22.
pilothyer
When the heater lever is pulled but not enough to turn on the fan the air is pushed through the heater system by means of the flow of air from the blower housing, when the lever is pulled far enough to run the fan, it's air flow is enough to close the flaps on the blower housing and the fan alone blows air through the heater system at a much higher rate. without the flaps air from the fan would be blown partialy through the system and partially back into the blower housing. You would still have heat but the flow is reduced quite a bit without the flaps.
76-914
Rich, is this the one? IIRC they were different on L & R???? Anyway let me know and I'll put it out to you manana.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Yes and right flaps are different in size. As are the gaskets and brackets that attach the S branches to the fan housing.

I think the gasket material is a high temp (maybe asbestos originally) material.

AA wants in the $20 range for each. I would use high temp silicone rubber to form your own gasket and save about $45.

Those flaps are very elusive.

Seems like one out of five engines may have them.

I would like to see if a sheet metal shop could make a bunch out of stainless steel.

I have a couple but prefer not to sell them considering how hard they are to find.

The original pins also fall out and get lost.

Bruce

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.