Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> FS: 1973 Project, Too good to part out
Cheapsnake
post Oct 1 2011, 06:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,341

1973, 1.7 with original fuel injection. The fuel pump is frozen, probably from sitting, but the engine starts and runs from gas squirted into the intake. No smoke, no bad noises.

I bought this as a parts car, but upon getting it home and giving it a closer inspection decided it needs to be given a chance to get back on the road. The seller claims the car was a barn find, having been under cover for the last 10 years. Odo reads 64k and the title claims that as actual mileage (you be the judge). So here's the good, the bad and the odd:

THE GOOD:
The longs, floor pan and hellhole are solid. They don't even look like they were repaired.

No apparent collision damage.

SS heat exchangers in VG condition.

Appearance package.

Engine runs (with a little help).

Body is generally solid.

Interior is decent, not great.

THE BAD:
Windshield is cracked.

Body needs some cosmetic work at front DS turn signal and DS door.

Paint is crap.

Tires are shot.

Seats need work.

Master cylinder leaks (got a spare good one to go with the car).

Likely to be other stuff on a 38 year old car that I haven't discovered yet.

THE ODD:
Someone in the car's past has installed a 1/8" x 3" plate to the underside of the car, laterally under the bulkhead. There doesn't appear to be any damage or rust that needed to be remedied so I'm not sure why this was done, other than a novel, but misguided attempt at stiffening.

I really would like to see this car get back on the road, but that ain't me - too many projects. So, before I start parting it out, I'm going to give it a week or two to find a new loving home. The car is located in NE Wisconsin and for $2200 you can be the new owner. nine two oh - 743-9727 for more info or specific pics.

Tom

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:25 PM