Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cheapsnake
1973, 1.7 with original fuel injection. The fuel pump is frozen, probably from sitting, but the engine starts and runs from gas squirted into the intake. No smoke, no bad noises.

I bought this as a parts car, but upon getting it home and giving it a closer inspection decided it needs to be given a chance to get back on the road. The seller claims the car was a barn find, having been under cover for the last 10 years. Odo reads 64k and the title claims that as actual mileage (you be the judge). So here's the good, the bad and the odd:

THE GOOD:
The longs, floor pan and hellhole are solid. They don't even look like they were repaired.

No apparent collision damage.

SS heat exchangers in VG condition.

Appearance package.

Engine runs (with a little help).

Body is generally solid.

Interior is decent, not great.

THE BAD:
Windshield is cracked.

Body needs some cosmetic work at front DS turn signal and DS door.

Paint is crap.

Tires are shot.

Seats need work.

Master cylinder leaks (got a spare good one to go with the car).

Likely to be other stuff on a 38 year old car that I haven't discovered yet.

THE ODD:
Someone in the car's past has installed a 1/8" x 3" plate to the underside of the car, laterally under the bulkhead. There doesn't appear to be any damage or rust that needed to be remedied so I'm not sure why this was done, other than a novel, but misguided attempt at stiffening.

I really would like to see this car get back on the road, but that ain't me - too many projects. So, before I start parting it out, I'm going to give it a week or two to find a new loving home. The car is located in NE Wisconsin and for $2200 you can be the new owner. nine two oh - 743-9727 for more info or specific pics.

Tom

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
onebob44
Hi Tom, Sorry! Made a bit of a mess of my first post on 914 World. I would really like to put your 914 back on the road as you would like, but, for my sins, I live here in the Arabian Gulf State of Bahrain. Do you think there might be a company close to your location who are capable, and willing, to get the car to a shipping port and on to me here in the Gulf. That is, of course, if you are willing to let me have it for a project. Best regards. Bob
bembry
Just from the pics, that's a cool looking little 73. Other than the Monza exhaust, very original, even down to the radio. Hopefully one of our midwestern guys gets this!
914ltd
Tom, the car looks like an excellent driver candidate.
A 73 1.7 was my 2nd 914 and my first love. I regularly got 42mpg and could drive 600+ miles on a tank and, with sway bars added, win my class at the autoX.
With solid longs and hell hole it sure seems like a good deal. Brad
Cheapsnake
QUOTE(onebob44 @ Oct 1 2011, 02:31 PM) *

Hi Tom, Sorry! Made a bit of a mess of my first post on 914 World. I would really like to put your 914 back on the road as you would like, but, for my sins, I live here in the Arabian Gulf State of Bahrain. Do you think there might be a company close to your location who are capable, and willing, to get the car to a shipping port and on to me here in the Gulf. That is, of course, if you are willing to let me have it for a project. Best regards. Bob

Hi Bob and welcome to the World. While I'd love to see this little sweetie stay close to home, it probably ain't going to happen. So, yes we can do this as long as you promise to keep us posted on the restoration.

As for the logistics, give me a call and we can work it out.

Tom
Cheapsnake
SOLD! This car is on its way to Bahrain. Thanks Bob, keep us posted.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.