Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TACH/SPEED ?
spare time toys
post Jul 21 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #1

hooked on grilling food.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,884
Region Association: Southwest Region

What is the speed for all gears at about 2100 rpm. I dont have a working speedometer and need to know approx mph. I have a stock side shifter I know tire size will change it a little but just need a close number.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Jul 21 2004, 08:36 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 391

If you check over at the Pelican site and download my "Gears" program it will let you enter the gear ratio for each gear, the final drive ratio and tire size (dia, circumference or # turns per mile) and a slider shows the speed vs RPM for each gear. Does a print out too and it is handy to let you see what changing things will do. There are several spreadsheets around but they figure the tire size is set. You could borrow a GPS unit as mine is VERY accurate. Good luck
+Quote Post
spare time toys
post Jul 22 2004, 07:46 AM
Post #3

hooked on grilling food.

That is good but I am looking to find out about how fast it is going at around 2000 in the gears as that is where the eng. Im looking at runs best. Other wise Ill go another way with this project. Im looking at a TDI powered touring car and that is best mpg/RPM for this eng. in the Jetta. Im getting 54.4 hwy in a boxy VW so I am thinking slant nose 914 should do better. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) and be more fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Jul 22 2004, 08:57 AM
Post #4

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

The speed v RPM data from the calculator will tell you how fast the car goes at 2000 rpm crank speed.

The 914 actually isn't all that aerodynamically clean. I'd bet an A4 Jetta has about the same amount of drag. You'll do better on weight, and skinny 165-15 tires will offer less rolling resistance, but don't expect Honda Insight class numbers.
+Quote Post
spare time toys
post Jul 22 2004, 10:56 AM
Post #5

hooked on grilling food.

Fine and dandy....say your car is in fifth gear and your tach is showing 2000 RPM how fast is it going? That is all I need to know I dont need a calculator or charts just info as to what to expect.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:41 AM