Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Attention world, any Subaru projects being planned?, 12/9 Back up and running!
IM101
post Dec 28 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #201

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,367
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Oct 3 2011, 08:08 PM) *

I think there will be a lot of interest. I have been thinking of a Suby update sometime later. JoeO

Nope, not when you get the correct DOJ. If you get the suggested 02-04 wrx DOJ, you just tap the pin out on the trans side, and slide the DOJ off the stub.

On the other hand, if you use a later transmission (2005+) and decide to keep the "all in one," style DOJ, you will have to drop the trailing arms to remove the axles.

*** Again, the only DOJ's I recommend are the 02-04 wrx, they work perfectly, are quite sturdy, and are pretty easy to pick up used from nasioc.com or rs25.com. ***
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IM101
post Oct 16 2014, 01:23 PM
Post #202

Have been getting a few emails about parts as of late. I am still selling them, please email (preferred over PM) about what you want and I will see if I can get it out. Just bare with me as the day job has been keeping me quite busy.

Best,
Ian
+Quote Post
madmax914
post Oct 31 2014, 10:15 AM
Post #203

Member No.: 17,007

QUOTE(IM101 @ Oct 16 2014, 12:23 PM) *

Have been getting a few emails about parts as of late. I am still selling them, please email (preferred over PM) about what you want and I will see if I can get it out. Just bare with me as the day job has been keeping me quite busy.

Best,
Ian

Ian,
Still plan on doing my Subaru conversion. Just finishing up my 911 suspension upgrades. Probably won't buy the cradle and conversion parts from you until late this spring. What is the turn around that time of year?

Cheers!

Brent
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Oct 31 2014, 10:45 AM
Post #204

Member No.: 194
Region Association: South East States

Anybody looking to do a Subaru conversion should look at this http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/4718614901.html . This is a great buy. There is more in parts than the asking price. I've looked at the car and its just a couple of days away from being finished. I wished that I had the time to help him with it.I can answer any questions about the car I have looked at it.

Bob
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Oct 31 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #205

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

Wow. THAT'S the way to do a project, buy one where all the hard/expensive/crappy stuff has already been done. I'd get it just because it's a deal, but wrong coast for me.

+Quote Post
charliew
post Nov 7 2014, 10:28 AM
Post #206

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

I agree, the 200hp is optimistic but the torque curve will be nice. I would want to see the motor repair sheet. It must have had a blown head gasket or why pull the heads? A blown head gasket usually means over heated at least once. It might be a great motor. Also ask if the tranny has been worked on or not. At any rate the 5 lug already installed along with the motor/tranny and hopefully the wiring good a lot of challenges have already been met. Maybe just all the details need doing. If the square tubing is sound only the id/flow rate ( and it sounds like the radiator is not installed?) would be my question. Also if it has set with just water in the cooling system. The rust free part in the east is also a question in my mind.

check the prices closely I think they are a little high from my experience. maybe retail prices?
+Quote Post
Zaney
post Nov 7 2014, 06:10 PM
Post #207

Deuchland en der Haus

Member No.: 1,738

I think that price is a steal!! I will be close to that ballpark with even more suspension goodies in my car!
+Quote Post
76-914
post Nov 7 2014, 06:57 PM
Post #208

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Another damned good deal that kept winking at me was Novak's "Dirty Penny".
+Quote Post
IM101
post Jan 26 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #209

Hi all,

I have been getting inundated with requests for information and orders but, as many of you may have noticed; I have been slow to respond, fill orders, and get stuff shipped out.

My sincerest apologies for that.

I truly wish I could devote more time to Cold Water and my customers but am not able to at this point. When I started Cold Water, I had no wife, very little rent, a part time internship (which I quit when CW got big enough) and few important responsibilities. However now, as I’m sure many of you are familiar with, I have a wife, a corporate job, bills, and all the other responsibilities that come along with maintaining life.

However, this is not the part where I tell you I’m quitting… There are just too many guys trying to build up a dream car with CW parts.

I have a plan…

1) Consolidate/Relocate the shop
I am finally in a rental that has a garage; starting this weekend I’m going to be moving the shop from its disparate locations (a friends garage, Storage, spare room) and setting up at my place.

2) Inventory
With the shop in so many places it’s hard to keep track of inventory levels, which has become a major issue lately. To remedy this I will be implementing some sort of inventory management once I get the shop relocated to the garage. This will allow me to respond quickly to questions about parts being in stock or not and hopefully have a positive impact on turnaround times

3) Get Help
Whether it’s a partner who can help share the load, or a part time contract worker who will help with shipping and maybe some simple fabrication; I have come to realize that I can’t do this on my own. I can’t afford much but will hopefully be able to work something out.

4) Get Even
While I am not in a position to be efficient at the moment, that doesn’t mean I’m going to hang customers out to dry. Therefore during this entire process I will be making sure to help those customers who need me most. The ones who have inquired about ordering or have already ordered will be taken care of, I’ll ship what parts I have and make sure to update everyone on timelines and inventory levels.

5) Move forward
With the shop organized, inventory levels transparent/controlled, and help I’m hoping that I can be much more effective at supplying and assisting my customers.

If any of you have more ideas, feedback, or know of good inventory management systems please speak up. Also If you know of someone in the Boise, ID area how has some shop experience, or a son who is willing to learn send them my way.

Best,
Ian
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 26 2015, 06:57 PM
Post #210

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 7 2014, 07:57 PM) *

Another damned good deal that kept winking at me was Novak's "Dirty Penny".

I met the new owner of dirty penny. He's outside philly pa. Nice guy.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jan 26 2015, 07:01 PM
Post #211

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(IM101 @ Jan 26 2015, 06:51 PM) *

Hi all,

I have been getting inundated with requests for information and orders but, as many of you may have noticed; I have been slow to respond, fill orders, and get stuff shipped out.

My sincerest apologies for that.

I truly wish I could devote more time to Cold Water and my customers but am not able to at this point. When I started Cold Water, I had no wife, very little rent, a part time internship (which I quit when CW got big enough) and few important responsibilities. However now, as I’m sure many of you are familiar with, I have a wife, a corporate job, bills, and all the other responsibilities that come along with maintaining life.

However, this is not the part where I tell you I’m quitting… There are just too many guys trying to build up a dream car with CW parts.

I have a plan…

1) Consolidate/Relocate the shop
I am finally in a rental that has a garage; starting this weekend I’m going to be moving the shop from its disparate locations (a friends garage, Storage, spare room) and setting up at my place.

2) Inventory
With the shop in so many places it’s hard to keep track of inventory levels, which has become a major issue lately. To remedy this I will be implementing some sort of inventory management once I get the shop relocated to the garage. This will allow me to respond quickly to questions about parts being in stock or not and hopefully have a positive impact on turnaround times

3) Get Help
Whether it’s a partner who can help share the load, or a part time contract worker who will help with shipping and maybe some simple fabrication; I have come to realize that I can’t do this on my own. I can’t afford much but will hopefully be able to work something out.

4) Get Even
While I am not in a position to be efficient at the moment, that doesn’t mean I’m going to hang customers out to dry. Therefore during this entire process I will be making sure to help those customers who need me most. The ones who have inquired about ordering or have already ordered will be taken care of, I’ll ship what parts I have and make sure to update everyone on timelines and inventory levels.

5) Move forward
With the shop organized, inventory levels transparent/controlled, and help I’m hoping that I can be much more effective at supplying and assisting my customers.

If any of you have more ideas, feedback, or know of good inventory management systems please speak up. Also If you know of someone in the Boise, ID area how has some shop experience, or a son who is willing to learn send them my way.

Best,
Ian

Ian - you have done an amazing job with this venture. Keep doing what your doing. Your truly an asset to the 914 community and an all around nice guy! Thank you.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:52 AM