Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> F/S Jackstands, roll your 914 around
J P Stein
post Oct 5 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #1

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

I'm selling my home built jackstands. Local pick up only as shipping would be a killer. The nice thing about them is their useful as hell for other stuff.

They are built stout (glued & screwed) with internal bracing and have had a nearly 3000 lb car on em'. I've rolled my old 914 around on em' by myself....assistance will lessen the pucker factor tho. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

25 bucks each.....offers?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gint
post Oct 5 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #2

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

JP, if I were local I'd snag 'em in a second. Probably cost almost $25 a piece to ship one of those.
+Quote Post
kconway
post Oct 5 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,231
Region Association: Southern California

How do you get the car up on those and off for that matter? How tall are they?
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 5 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #4

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

I'd suspect it only takes a few locals (big guys) and some beer to get a roller up on them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Oct 5 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #5

Irrelevant old fart

Yeah, Gint, I think you're right about the shipping. They are not light either.

The boxes are 22.5 inches tall......using the casters and about 17 inches square......they work on their sides also.

I use a regular floor jack with about 12-14 inches of lift. I have a pile of hay (2 X 12 & 4 X 12s blocking). So, up with the jack then use the hay to block up the car.
Down with the jack and more hay( 6-10 inches worth)gets loaded on the jack pad & up we go again & block the car up higher...more hay. Repeat as necessary till the blocks go in sideways....then more hay on the jack & up again ..if you need the height....like when I was pulling the motor...prolly 5-6 times over the years....all by meself. It takes about an hour a litttle sweat to get it up to full height.....but I'm old. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Anybody that buys em' will get enough hay. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) It got so I could pull the motor in 6-8 hours by my self from the start to finish....a bit less time to reinstall.

I never liked to be dependent on anyone to help with that job but when I had help it was apprecaited.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
6freak
post Oct 7 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #6

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have a pile of hay (2 X 12 & 4 X 12s blocking). So, up with the jack then use the hay to block up the car.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) i thought hay was for horses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Oct 7 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #7

Irrelevant old fart

Back in the 60s in the shipyards when your foreman told you " Git summore hay & to block this ****sucker up" you said "Yes sir, I'm all over it"....not "WFT is hay, hey?". You youngns' should have been there.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:34 PM