Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Jackstands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
J P Stein
I'm selling my home built jackstands. Local pick up only as shipping would be a killer. The nice thing about them is their useful as hell for other stuff.

They are built stout (glued & screwed) with internal bracing and have had a nearly 3000 lb car on em'. I've rolled my old 914 around on em' by myself....assistance will lessen the pucker factor tho. biggrin.gif

25 bucks each.....offers?
Gint
JP, if I were local I'd snag 'em in a second. Probably cost almost $25 a piece to ship one of those.
kconway
How do you get the car up on those and off for that matter? How tall are they?
euro911
I'd suspect it only takes a few locals (big guys) and some beer to get a roller up on them beerchug.gif

J P Stein
Yeah, Gint, I think you're right about the shipping. They are not light either.

The boxes are 22.5 inches tall......using the casters and about 17 inches square......they work on their sides also.

I use a regular floor jack with about 12-14 inches of lift. I have a pile of hay (2 X 12 & 4 X 12s blocking). So, up with the jack then use the hay to block up the car.
Down with the jack and more hay( 6-10 inches worth)gets loaded on the jack pad & up we go again & block the car up higher...more hay. Repeat as necessary till the blocks go in sideways....then more hay on the jack & up again ..if you need the height....like when I was pulling the motor...prolly 5-6 times over the years....all by meself. It takes about an hour a litttle sweat to get it up to full height.....but I'm old. biggrin.gif Anybody that buys em' will get enough hay. biggrin.gif It got so I could pull the motor in 6-8 hours by my self from the start to finish....a bit less time to reinstall.

I never liked to be dependent on anyone to help with that job but when I had help it was apprecaited.
6freak

I have a pile of hay (2 X 12 & 4 X 12s blocking). So, up with the jack then use the hay to block up the car.

WTF.gif i thought hay was for horses smile.gif
J P Stein
Back in the 60s in the shipyards when your foreman told you " Git summore hay & to block this ****sucker up" you said "Yes sir, I'm all over it"....not "WFT is hay, hey?". You youngns' should have been there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.