Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> mystery motor, possible 914 purchase
rs182
post Oct 6 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,569
Region Association: Southwest Region

I am parting out my slant nose 914 but ran across this 72 on CL went to see it. Motor runs but the owner is not sure what size it is. He bought it for a project and never got time. Some body just bolted a carb on to what looks like the stock FI manifold. The injectors are still there (just not hooked up obviously) There is no serial number on the top of the motor and the dip stick is on the front like a type 1.

What do you guys think? He thinks its a 1.8 but the dip stick is throwing me off. Could it be a type 1 with type 4 cooling system?? I am new to 914s and my current 1.8 and some internet scouring is all the info I have on these motors

Car is kinda ruff (crappy color change and a few dents) interior is pretty stripped but only minor rust on the passenger side jack area clean hell hole. He wants 1200 with a tail shift that jumps out of gear

thanks
Jason
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 01:12 AM