Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> D-jet sensor #2 and in cabin CHT
lmcchesney
post Jul 25 2004, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

I will be adding a CHT in cabin monitoring and was wondering about the sensor to use. The typical one I have seen/heard about is the copper thermocoupler in a ring fashion to be placed under the #3 spark plug. Our D-jet Type IV's have a CHT as temp sensor #2 which is read by the ECU with measurment of resistance. Is it possible to tap onto the #2 temp sensor CHT to drive a CHT in cabin gauge? My initial thinking is that tapping a gauge into the #2 sensor would alter the resistance of the circuit and thus disrupt the ECU monitoring. Do others think this is correct?
As an alternative, when using a spark plug sensor, what is the wiring circuit to the VDO CHT gauge?
L. McC
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jul 25 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(lmcchesney @ Jul 25 2004, 04:30 PM)
Is it possible to tap onto the #2 temp sensor CHT to drive a CHT in cabin gauge?

My initial thinking is that tapping a gauge into the #2 sensor would alter the resistance of the circuit and thus disrupt the ECU monitoring. Do others think this is correct?

As an alternative, when using a spark plug sensor, what is the wiring circuit to the VDO CHT gauge?

No.

Yes.

the thermocouple comes with wires; use them. do not cut them, do not add connectors; they must be used exactly as supplied.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 10:56 AM