Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-jet sensor #2 and in cabin CHT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
I will be adding a CHT in cabin monitoring and was wondering about the sensor to use. The typical one I have seen/heard about is the copper thermocoupler in a ring fashion to be placed under the #3 spark plug. Our D-jet Type IV's have a CHT as temp sensor #2 which is read by the ECU with measurment of resistance. Is it possible to tap onto the #2 temp sensor CHT to drive a CHT in cabin gauge? My initial thinking is that tapping a gauge into the #2 sensor would alter the resistance of the circuit and thus disrupt the ECU monitoring. Do others think this is correct?
As an alternative, when using a spark plug sensor, what is the wiring circuit to the VDO CHT gauge?
L. McC
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(lmcchesney @ Jul 25 2004, 04:30 PM)
Is it possible to tap onto the #2 temp sensor CHT to drive a CHT in cabin gauge?

My initial thinking is that tapping a gauge into the #2 sensor would alter the resistance of the circuit and thus disrupt the ECU monitoring. Do others think this is correct?

As an alternative, when using a spark plug sensor, what is the wiring circuit to the VDO CHT gauge?

No.

Yes.

the thermocouple comes with wires; use them. do not cut them, do not add connectors; they must be used exactly as supplied.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.