Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ball Joint, New one seems broken ?
dralf
post Jul 26 2004, 05:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,597

I just went to install my Lemforder ball joints and they seem solid or not movable. I checked with Dave at PP and he could not provide me with insight as to what may be wrong. These ball joints do not seem to want to turn or swivle, at least not by using my hands nor when I put one in a vise and used a bit of force. Are they really ment to be this stiff ? Or are they frozen in place or defective ? I threw my old ones away but I recall that they did move. Anyone out there with advice for me ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Jul 26 2004, 07:44 AM
Post #2

rich herzog

Group: Members
Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

install it in the A-Arm (to provide a nice stable, solid base) and put the strut over it. use the top of the strut as a lever to see if it will move. probably it will...

most people are surprised how stiff new components are supposed to be when they compare them to their old, worn stuff...
+Quote Post
davep
post Jul 26 2004, 07:47 AM
Post #3

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I have replaced them on several cars, and it surprising how stiff the new ones can be. Once they do start to move, they are much more free. Stiction if you will.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 08:50 PM