Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ball Joint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dralf
I just went to install my Lemforder ball joints and they seem solid or not movable. I checked with Dave at PP and he could not provide me with insight as to what may be wrong. These ball joints do not seem to want to turn or swivle, at least not by using my hands nor when I put one in a vise and used a bit of force. Are they really ment to be this stiff ? Or are they frozen in place or defective ? I threw my old ones away but I recall that they did move. Anyone out there with advice for me ? wacko.gif
ArtechnikA
install it in the A-Arm (to provide a nice stable, solid base) and put the strut over it. use the top of the strut as a lever to see if it will move. probably it will...

most people are surprised how stiff new components are supposed to be when they compare them to their old, worn stuff...
davep
agree.gif

I have replaced them on several cars, and it surprising how stiff the new ones can be. Once they do start to move, they are much more free. Stiction if you will.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.