Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MPS unit for 1.7 and 2.0, Secret factory setup??
BK911
post Oct 24 2011, 10:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,674
Region Association: None

In my quest to find a MPS to replace a faulty one on a '72 1.7, I came across this:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/detail.php?Part...al_number=12563

Anybody use this? Good for a 1.7 and if/when I rebuild to 2.0 I can still use it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Oct 24 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Never heard of a one size fits all mps. They have to be matched to the ECU. I could be wrong, but don't think so (I never do. LOL).
+Quote Post
tradisrad
post Oct 24 2011, 10:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,815
Region Association: Northern California

Check here

+Quote Post
BK911
post Oct 27 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,674

Thanks Rob. Unit is here and installed, and car runs awesome!! Thanks again for the link.

Fuel injection corp wanted ~$500 for a rebuilt unit. Automotion wanted ~$200 and it has a sticker on it that says rebuilt by fuel injection corp. Hmmm.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Oct 27 2011, 04:41 PM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 24 2011, 09:36 AM) *

The one from Automation is the one I installed. At first car ran okay but ran lean...I believe after installation all need to be checked with an AFR meter under load and then adjusted. Period. My next move is to do this as my plan is to go 1911 when it dies.....whenever that is. Not checking the AFR will assure that it will be sooner. Good luck.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Oct 27 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #6

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

The rebuilders use a stamped steel diaphragm or at least did that does not have the same flex characteristics as the stock one, so it may run lean across transition.

Fuel Injection Corporation bought Brett Instruments a few years ago. Brett was the original rebuilder of the units.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Oct 27 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #7

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

2 years ago i first got my 2.0, found the MPS was shot, ordered the rebuild from automotion as well, and it ran good for about 18 months, at which point the mps began to leak.

i sent it back into eckler's who owns automotion, they had it for about 3 months - kept saying its on the backorder, reset the delivery date 3x , finally refunded me the original $196. so, buyer beware! i believe there was a problem getting Fuel Injection Corp. of America. to rebuild the unit . I got tired of waiting-

I hope you have better luck. I sourced my next one here used one that has been resealed for $100, and it is using now, and running great! hopefully it will last for a while.

Good luck

QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 27 2011, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 24 2011, 09:36 AM) *

The one from Automation is the one I installed. At first car ran okay but ran lean...I believe after installation all need to be checked with an AFR meter under load and then adjusted. Period. My next move is to do this as my plan is to go 1911 when it dies.....whenever that is. Not checking the AFR will assure that it will be sooner. Good luck.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 07:46 PM