Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPS unit for 1.7 and 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BK911
In my quest to find a MPS to replace a faulty one on a '72 1.7, I came across this:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/detail.php?Part...al_number=12563

Anybody use this? Good for a 1.7 and if/when I rebuild to 2.0 I can still use it?
TheCabinetmaker
Never heard of a one size fits all mps. They have to be matched to the ECU. I could be wrong, but don't think so (I never do. LOL).
tradisrad
Check here

BK911
Thanks Rob. Unit is here and installed, and car runs awesome!! Thanks again for the link.

Fuel injection corp wanted ~$500 for a rebuilt unit. Automotion wanted ~$200 and it has a sticker on it that says rebuilt by fuel injection corp. Hmmm.
914_teener
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 24 2011, 09:36 AM) *

The one from Automation is the one I installed. At first car ran okay but ran lean...I believe after installation all need to be checked with an AFR meter under load and then adjusted. Period. My next move is to do this as my plan is to go 1911 when it dies.....whenever that is. Not checking the AFR will assure that it will be sooner. Good luck.
SLITS
The rebuilders use a stamped steel diaphragm or at least did that does not have the same flex characteristics as the stock one, so it may run lean across transition.

Fuel Injection Corporation bought Brett Instruments a few years ago. Brett was the original rebuilder of the units.
DRPHIL914
2 years ago i first got my 2.0, found the MPS was shot, ordered the rebuild from automotion as well, and it ran good for about 18 months, at which point the mps began to leak.

i sent it back into eckler's who owns automotion, they had it for about 3 months - kept saying its on the backorder, reset the delivery date 3x , finally refunded me the original $196. so, buyer beware! i believe there was a problem getting Fuel Injection Corp. of America. to rebuild the unit . I got tired of waiting-

I hope you have better luck. I sourced my next one here used one that has been resealed for $100, and it is using now, and running great! hopefully it will last for a while.

Good luck

QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 27 2011, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 24 2011, 09:36 AM) *

The one from Automation is the one I installed. At first car ran okay but ran lean...I believe after installation all need to be checked with an AFR meter under load and then adjusted. Period. My next move is to do this as my plan is to go 1911 when it dies.....whenever that is. Not checking the AFR will assure that it will be sooner. Good luck.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.