Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Misc Questions from a new 914 owner/restorer
jrrhdmust
post Oct 24 2011, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,668
Region Association: None

Ok guys, I apologize if this has been previously asked. I have read through numerous threads and haven't seen anyone ask these questions. I purchased a 914 project car with numrous extra parts, as well as 2 engines. A 1.8L carburated and a 2.0L FI.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I am sure I will have many more questions.

-Heat exchangers - will the same heat exchangers bolt up to the 1.8L and 2.0L? How can I tell if not?

- Engine cover paint - The car started olympic blue, then painted bahia red, and now has silver doors and numerous color changes. When the color was changed to red, they painted the whole engine cover black. The mesh is supposed to be black, but flat, semi, or gloss. and the frame that the mesh attaches to is it body color or black?

-Engine tins - are they flat or semi-gloss black

-Firewall - the engine side of the firewall, looks to have had glue on it. Is there supposed to be sound proofing on it?

-Suspension - what color are the suspension components?

- Is their any gotchas to removing the fuel tank?

Finally does someone have a pciture from underneath the car. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:03 AM